- spice rack/cupboard, pantry, fridge, dishes - eliminate duplicates, expired goods, and stuff you can no longer identify. Also ditch the busted, broken, chipped, stained things unless you really can't afford to replace them, in which case, make sure they are washed and put away neatly (you don't have to alphabetize, but you can put your baking good in one place, and your canned goods belong with your other cans instead of mixed in with the instant porridge, see...)
- remove everything from under your sink and replace it with only dish-things, and your garbage/recycling (this one is going to be tough for us... ~sigh~)
- Store the toxic things (silver polish, Drain-o, etc.) in a safer place - in a locked room or on a high shelf in the basement - and put all your bathroom, kitchen, floor, furniture, silver cleaners in the same place, preferably in a storage closet or similar space.
- clean off the door of your fridge except for important numbers; get a corkboard or something to hang your kids' artwork on in your family room or something.
- clean out the junk drawers, baskets, piles on top of the fridge or countertop, and create new spaces for them - put your papers to be filed in a single box, get a jar for your pencils (make it a pretty one - you want it to look nice!), put tools in the garage, etc.
(Today, this song was used in my Spanish class. The class was about the verb 'gustar.' I'm sharing it with you because in the video there are... HEARTS!!!)
This makes me laugh and laugh!!! I LOVE the Veggie Tales shows - they are clever, funny, and not completely choke-you-with-Jesus weird. If you have a minute, go find the Bellybutton song. Or the Lips song. Or Barbara Manatee and Cebu... Priceless!!!
Happy Weekend, all!
Happy New Year, all!!!