a bestest wedding EVER!!!!

I love what I do.  I mean, I realllllly love my job.  One of the things that is so great about being a photographer is that I get a backstage pass and a front-row seat to some pretty amazing milestone events - concerts, births and birthdays, family reunions, and of course weddings.  And then there are some people who accept you, the lowly photographer, as a part of their lives, and you get to be in the front row and backstage for ALL of it.  And it feels pretty freakin' awesome.


If you're a regular on my blog, you'll recognize this couple and their adorable bebes right away.  After shooting some maternity, some newborn, some engagement, some cake smash, and I'm sure I forgot some other pictures in there, I kind of feel like I'm a groupie.  And I'm not sad about it at all because it meant I got to be a part of their amazing, splendid, wonderful, awesome, incredible, epic, entertaining, beautiful, lovely and loving wedding.


Welcome to the story of a boy in a band who had his heart stolen by a girl he met at a music festival and proposed on stage.  It starts out with beautiful weather on location at a little place called Em-Te Town, which is kind of like Fort Edmonton Park but with a more slap-happy bang-up laid-back hillbilly kinda feel to it.  Think all the character with none of the sometimes fun-sucking pretension that accompanies a need to obtain historical authenticity.

A very laid-back morning of getting ready, decorating, sound-checking, eating, and dealing with a bit of a hangover was de rigeur for most of the wedding party and their families.

Mmmm... his 'n' hers grub....


The setting up of the cupcakes built by the bride's sister was an event unto itself...




Our handsome groom J and dapper little B got all gussied up in one room...


While A and little E got ready in another.  Note the bride's sister K trying to not lose it...



All decked out, it was time to make it official.  After the officiant arrived.  Late.  O.o


As a sidebar, I have to note that one of the things I love about this family is that the gene pool is at least as beautifully complicated and as simply beautiful as mine is.  I also feel like this family exemplifies how doing things out of traditional order is often the right order.  It takes a village, and when the village worries about being filled with love and support you come up with some damn fine kids.  But I digress...


After a slightly anxious wait for the commissioner...


The nuptials came off without any hitches other than the one that was meant to happen!


Oh, so very much love in this family.  My heart was seriously bursting.  ~swoon~


On to the formals...


And then the fun...


Listening to J read from the bible, I was *almost* ready to go back to Sunday school.  Almost.


There is a lot going on in that picture ^^^  A LOT.  P.S. the couple trying to eat each other's face?  They met up with the bride and groom on their honeymoon in Vegas and GOT HITCHED!!!  How awesome is that!?!?

 I'd like to say that I directed these photos, but other than locating people where I needed them and winding them up, it was pretty much just me standing there with a camera taking pictures of what seemed to come a little too naturally to this wild bunch.  It. Was. Awesome.

The groomsmen were definitely outdone in their group pictures by the bridesmaids, who opted for  "slackjaw" series.  Click on the pic below and look closely.  Honestly, you will thank me for it...

Now, despite all the epic fun of group formals, my favourite part about this couple is...


... how completely, utterly, totally, and unquestionably they are in love with each other, with their kids, with their life together.  I won't waste your time with any more words now until the reception.  Just scroll, and sigh that happy sigh that comes when you see people in love just being in love.










Now, just when you think you have seen it all, it gets better.  YES.  IT GETS BETTER.


Did I mention that the groom is a musician?  Did I mention that he wrote a song for their first dance?  And that it was performed by one of his bandmates and that face-inhaling girl from the kissy picture that would elope with them in Vegas a few days later?  Cuz yeah, that's what happened.


Please note the bride's sister K, who was previously chastised for bursting into happy tears and making the rest of us lose it, making us all lose it during the first dance.  I especially loved how her Dad and Stepdad shared the first dance.  Loved loved loved it.


Then the bridesmaids outdid the groomsmen again by doing a bride-centric cover version of Usher's Oh My God in lieu of a speech...  NOTE TO FUTURE BRIDESMAIDS if you tell me ahead of time I can record a video....  I'm SO sad we didn't get a recording of this LOL

 Some more speeches...


... some long overdue and much-anticipated kiddie snuggles....

 ... some games and smooches...
  and finally a slideshow and solo artist warmed the crowd up for...

A full-on live performance of Oldbury.  In formal attire.  If you haven't supported local talent lately, I highly recommend Oldbury.  Honestly, one of THEE most entertaining live acts I've experienced.  Go have a listen.


(that "home alone" face the bride is giving is because the groom and the band started singing a hyped up rockabilly version of the groom's first dance ballad that I can only hope will be on the album the band will be in studio recording in October 2014...)


Of course no wedding is complete without some cake...


Some friendly competition for the bouquet and garter...


And the bird dance.

THANK YOU A and J (and B and E) for inviting me to participate once more in the amazing life you're building.  My honour, my pleasure, my privilege.  I look forward to seeing the next chapter(s) in your life unfold with as much love, beauty, fun, and joy.


Comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.