Lovebirds

I'm going to kind of be jumping all over the map here as I play catch up, so you'll have to forgive my excitement at getting this wedding blogged Right. Now.  in spite of the issues with my @^$#^%$@# watermark.  Now, before we even start, you need a little back story.

The groom you are about to see is a former co-worker of my husband and brother-in-law.  I would often hear stories of this incredibly funny and twisty-humoured man who did things pull out his own rotten tooth and accidentally scare kids on site when he was pulling practical jokes.  After hearing so many stories about D, I wasn't *quite* sure what to think of him the first couple of times I met him.  And I definitely wasn't sure what to think of any woman who would be brave enough to tame much less claim him.  However, after spending an entire day with these two, it's easy to see that this gentle giant was really just in need of a charming little sparrow to love him not only as the turkey buzzard he likes to portray but as the majestic eagle he is, who simply needed a soul mate to help him soar to new heights.



Lady K left little untouched when it came to making her lovebird theme come to life, from baby's breath-stuffed cages on every table and in every corner to the adorable trim on her garter and the wildflower seed-paper thank you cards.







Bright and early in the morning, the transformation began...



Not just of the beautiful K, but of the venue as well...




While everyone pitched in to transform the hangar into a love nest, my stunning bride (who I swear looks like a china doll!) was primped and pampered before slipping into the sweetest scalloped lace wedding gown I have ever seen.






(is it irony or fate that  her back is tattooed with wings?)


As the minutes marched on, the gentlemen were busy helping one another get suited up.




The groom was as smug as a peacock, and rightfully so.  


The ceremony...


Sidebar: As a rule, I cry at weddings.  It just happens.  I honestly don't ever plan to but, without knowing when or how or why, it comes when I least expect or need it and I have to recompose myself so I don't miss any really important shots.  For this wedding, the moment that caught me completely off guard was when D caught the first glimpse of his almost-wife, unable to hide his joy and love and happiness.  


(blah blah blah, vows and rings and formalities, 
but we really just wanna see this - WOOT WOOT!!!!)


(~insert catcalls and whistles here!~)


(unless you're a little kid and just want the bubbles and an ice cream cone)

After all the formalities were out of the way, we wandered off to take some photos of the ridiculously fun and funny wedding party.






If anyone had ever told me a 2G1C reference was required to get laughs out of the groomsmen I would have suggested someone was pulling my leg...


  
  




The epitome of pictureLOVE.... 



But enough with boring pictures...


...it was stinkin' HOT outside and everyone needed a drink...


...and even after a drink, it was STILL toooooooo stinkin' hot, so we retired to the walk-in cooler for a bit of relaxation (and another cold drink) before the dinner and dance started up...


A side note about the rings here.  This bride and groom, for all their crazy fun-ish-ness, are extremely eco-conscious. Instead of puppies or babies (which I can 100% attest that they love!) they chose a global environmental preservation charity to donate the "kissing fund" to.  They have a very grounded and real connection to the earth and with that in mind, the groom's ring is especially interesting as it has a two wooden bands as well as an inlay made of meteorite.  Space junk in your wedding band?!?!  Yah, cool - I know, right?  But I digress...


Once everyone was finished with their delicious meal they heard some very touching and funny speeches...


(and witnessed a bit of brotherly wrestling)


...it was time for cake and...


... a whole lotta dancing!





After umpteen bazillion (or sixes of) minutes in wedding garb, the bride and groom happily shed their stiff formal gear in favour of casual wear so they could finish celebrating their special day together in comfort.


K and D, I cannot thank you enough for letting me be a part of your day.  I am SO looking forward to making your album and slideshow so I can laugh and smile and relive the whole thing all over again!  MUAH to you both as you fly off into the setting sun to embark on the next chapter of your journey together.  A word of advice: when all else fails, just do like you did with the cake knife and missing float situation and wing it...

Comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.