Week (what week is this?) DLS exercise

I have to apologize to my workshoppers - last week was, frankly, a complete write-off for me.  I didn't even realize that I had forgotten to post the exercise until this afternoon.  So, we're going to double up, but these are both pretty simple.

Part 1:

The "I am" exercise.  This one is SUPER important, because we will be using the information you come up with in our final workshop next weekend.  It's pretty simple.  Here it is:

Complete the sentence, "I am..." with the top 10 things that come to your mind.

I am:

Mom to my kids and my dogs
Wife to my amazing husband
Friend to my mother, sister, colleagues and besties
Writer of whatever strikes my fancy
Photographer of People doing People-ish things
Lover of wine and cheese
Outdoorsy
Shoe addict, by trade
Bicycle commuter

You can share this list on your blog or not - it's entirely up to you - and they don't need to be in any particular order - they will shift and change over time.  Mine from 3 weeks ago is different from 3 years ago is different from today's, and that's OK - we change and grow and have different priorities.

Part 2:

Research, straight up.  I want you to go to a minimum of 5 different photography websites (any genre you like) and take notes about their packages and pricing - do they include CDs of hi-res images?  Do they charge a sitting fee?  Do they use a minimum investment policy?  Do they even advertise their prices?  Are they heavily "branded" or sort of "generic"? What kinds of "extras" do they have ie) custom framing, albums, etc.  Do they belong to any professional organizations?  Bring your notes to class (either jotted down or written out - whichever you choose is fine.)

See you may 1st!!!

Comments

Nancy said…
http://nancys88.blogspot.com/2011/04/dls-exercise-week-15-i-am.html

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.