togetherLOVE: I seriously am THIS lucky...

So, I started trying to pick a few pictures of this amazing family to put on the website, and frankly, I gave up trying to pick.  When you visit their album, you'll understand why, but there are words I need to share first.

There are families who spend time together, and that time, while precious, is still strained and awkward.  Even when they put on their best game face, you can often feel trace amounts of tension, old hurts, family quarrels left unsettled or unspoken.  Even when they aren't obvious, you can pick up on the subtle cues.

Now, for whatever reason, this family is one of the few families in my experience who lacked any and all traces of that.  Whether they are like that naturally, or have made a conscious choice to reconcile, if I had to pick a family I could plop myself into and feel loved, blanketed, secure... somehow knowing and sensing that I might screw up but they would always be there - this would be the one.  Pure, unadulterated, unconditional love so potent it was electric.

As a photographer who was lucky enough to have her lifelong dream of a Big Fluffy Snowflake Session in December of 2010, I felt like I had won the bloody lotto on this shoot - not only was I lucky enough to have time to capture these silly, fun, precious memories because I had a couple of extra days off that I didn't know about, but the weather?  Oh, gosh - dream within a dream!!!  As I walked away soaked literally up to my waist, all I can say is, it was worth every ounce of water I had to squeeze from my pants.

So, without further ado, here is the album I'm gushing about.  See why I can't pick just a few?  L & co, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for entrusting me with this session - it was an honour, a joy, and a privilege. :)



Great people, great socks, great kisses, great faces - ahhhh, sweet love!  If this is any indication of what 2011 holds in store for me, it's gonna be a gooder ;)  Woot woot!!!

Comments

Linda M-K said…
Now you've gone and made me cry! Thanks so much Hope, these photos are real tresures!
lilredamber said…
These are really beautiful, Hope. I can see why you are so proud of these! I would be too :) Not to mention, looks like it was soooo much fun!
SweeteRae said…
Those are amazing pictures!

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.