nowLOVE: feeling a little voyeuristic...

I have the good fortune of being able to say that most of my clients come to me on referral.  Generally speaking, I don't advertise, and meet most of my clients via word of mouth or because they met me at someone else's wedding or whatever, and so when someone stumbles upon my site randomly and chooses to contact me, there's a courting period.  According to D, who found me via Google and pored over my entire website with religious fervour, I had her at, "I love shoes..." but I made them go home and sleep on it after we met and went over plans for their wedding... and have since discovered it's entirely possible we were twins separated at birth.  This of course means that her fiance was a shoe-in on my "approved" list.


After exchanging witty barbs, love stories, and shoe fantasies (and something about bee allergies, needle phobias, and the use of rocks as a take-down method) we decided we ought to go ahead and make a real picture date.


R&D have a great story about how they met, how their families meshed, and how they spend their time, which involves a lot of time at Chapters.  The pictures above were clearly staged, but after that it was kind of like being a voyeur.  The picture below is about as authentic as it gets for these two - stocked up on books, chillin' by the fireplace, and reading interesting, funny, or juicy excerpts to each other.  


It was at the point that I started feeling like a 3rd wheel that the two of them got serious about their usual business of holding hands, goofing around, and looking at each other with goo goo eyes.  R stares lovingly at D while she stands there holding her nose up in a piggy face saying triumphantly, "He doesn't even pretend he doesn't know me when we're in public!"


Below, I see a book title that seems like a good prop, open it up, and hand it to them without looking.  The expressions on their faces are COMPLETELY unrehearsed - much to my embarrassment what I have unwittingly handed them is a fully illustrated pictorial guide to...  ahem... sorry guys...


(So sorry guys... apparently, you're OK with how making out works... lol)


After a little stroll down Whyte Ave to get in their car, I hop in the back seat and sit on the hump in the middle to prevent (or at least minimize) the likelihood of my puking in the car, which opens a whole conversation about car sickness and weak stomachs, and it's re-affirmed that yes, D & I are indeed twins separated at birth.


R&D both went to Grant MacEwan at different times for the same program (they met at work) and so they wanted to go hit the area around the old haunt before calling it a day.  As they take off jaywalking, holding hands, I again feel like I'm not really a part of the equation, just some creepy perverted chick chasing people around with a camera in the downtown area...


Aside of giving them ideas where to stand or which way to turn, they pretty much did the rest on their own - making out, joking around, cracking jokes, and being all in love and stuff.


And, well - OK, so my instinct is to crack a smart-ass remark about how dirty I felt watching these two together in a dark doorway, but really, I would feel bad cheapening the moment because honestly, how tight and seamlessly these two fit together - it's a beautiful thang.


For all the good humour and cheer, there's absolutely nothing funny or silly about this couple.  They are so in love it's contagious - I fell in love with my husband all over again, watching these two be in love with each other.  Doesn't that picture right above just make you want to go and squeeze your spouse? ~swoon~


So, despite the fun and games, it's pretty safe to say that I think these two make a rock solid duo.


R, you DEFINITELY get brownie points for the hearts in the ring setting...


We finished off with double heel pop...


Some killer pumps I'd steal if D's feet were the same size as mine... dammit...


And some wicked late Sunday afternoon fisheyed sunflare from my perch in the middle of the back seat where I got ignored by the hand-holding lovebirds all the way back to where my car was parked.

R&D, thanks for letting me visit your little planet.  I'm SO very excited about your wedding now, and it's not even just because I *know* there will be cool shoes involved (I think there are even some open-toed ones for you, R...)  See you in April!!!

Comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.