iLOVE: a warm snowy day :)

A couple of months ago, I noticed some scratches on my beloved 50mm f1.4 and after dragging my heels on replacing it because the scratches hadn't interfered with any images yet, they finally interfered and I was forced to replace it. I found one for a killer deal on eBay and of course, when the camera and one lens comes out, it's all downhill from there... PICTURE PLAY DAY!

Serejane missed out on a birthday party a few weeks ago because of the scary roads, and so we made a playdate today instead with the birthday girl and another guest who had missed out.  I'm all about easy: rainbow cake-mix cupcakes, chocolate icing, and enough sprinkles to induce diabetic comas is always a surefire recipe for a fun afternoon...


(My teeth hurt just looking at the girls' cupcakes... I made some less "festive" ones for the rest of us with the leftovers...)


With the insane snowfall this January, and with the recently warmer temperatures, while most people fought getting stuck in the brown-sugary side roads, we thought we'd be smart and get the snow off the house and the garage - we haven't had any leaks in 8 years, and I didn't want to flirt with the possibility.)  Generally, my eldest son is still sleeping at 2 in the afternoon on weekends, but for whatever reason he got excited about being "allowed" (snicker snicker) to go up on the garage and help out with the shovelling.


For Christmas 2 years ago I asked for a specific lens: 200mm f2.8 prime.  I call it my spy lens and I feel creepy but oh-so-cool slapping this puppy on my camera.  For the photography geeks out there, one of the reasons I absolutely LOVE this particular lens is because of this:


(Click on it to see it a little bigger... Isn't that some of the coolest Bokeh you're EVER seen?!?!?!  LOVE my lens!!!)


Bill was on the house, Wil did half the garage...


I did the other half (and took care of the aftermath in the alley so we wouldn't be one of those people who you curse at for piling the snow up in the alley...)


 And Bill did the house by himself.  On the south side of the house, the wind had blown the snow into a giant drift that was 4 feet high in some places.  Insane.


After mountains of snow were shovelled off...


The reward:


Happy Saturday, everyone!

muchLOVE,

Hopeypoop <3

Comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.