The kids are all grown up

Call it the season, but I always end up feeling really sappy & sentimental this time of year. While I've always been aware that I struggle with the idea of 'empty nest syndrome' regarding my own children, it has recently dawned on me how hard it is seeing the previous years' workshoppers and former apprentices become successful and get too busy and too smart to ask me questions anymore. On the one hand, it's an amazing thing watching businesses grow and successes mount. On the other hand, it's always sad not feeling like I'm needed anymore. So, this is a shout out to the 2010 participants who are just about to begin their journey - I'm very excited to have you on board - and a whisper from the ground to all the former goslings who've taken to the wing and flown off in their own directions - I miss you, and I'm so proud I could pee my pants. Keep flying - the sky's the limit!

Comments

Helena said…
Thanks Hope!! It is because of you that I am venturing out into photography. It has not only been a passion of mine but you have taught me secrets to change dreams into a reality.

I sometimes find it hard to reach out to you and ask you questions because I know how busy you are. When I see you comment on my blog about my photography I get the biggest smile and warm fuzzy feelings because a great teacher has given me feedback.

You inspire so many people and make so many friendships that even if we aren't asking questions and taken flight, we will never forget you as you are a great friend and fellow photog.
Hope Walls said…
Helena - I'm excited for January. This is the unofficial place to make an announcement about out with the old and in with the new, but I'm very excited you're going to be joining me as my 4th apprentice in 2010!
kerjay said…
Hope you are awesome, and I always look to you for advice and inspiration!
Deanna said…
I can't wait to FINALY be a part of your class!!! Thanks so much for the opperunity you are giving my mom and I!!! YAY!!!!

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.