feature photograpHER

Tara of Pinkstar

If I had to prepare a meal for the queen I would serve … A juicy Alberta Beef Steak, potatoes, fresh farm corn and cesear salad!

If price was no object, I would beef up my camera bag with …A Canon Ef 50mm-f/1.2 I make due with my f/1.8 but would love to upgrade soon!

The one place I will travel to before I die is … Italy, besides the obvious beauty, culture, Architecture, Art, Climate, I want to eat authentic Italian food!

If I could interview any person, alive or dead, I would have to pick… My grandma I never met, she passed before I was born.

I shouldn’t be admitting it, but when I’m buying groceries I always end up buying… Chocolate... I need a 7 step program.

When I’m shooting, I’m most worried about… Camera shake, so I stop breathing.

My best piece of advice for someone thinking about taking up photography is… To play around, practice, experiment, learn, create and ask when you just need to know something. The only limitation in life is yourself! Everyday I learn something new, whether by accident or because I sought it out. As adults we need to live to learn as much as we did as kids. The advantage of being an adult learner is you get 100% control over what you educate yourself on. The forced learning is done with for the most part. Now is your time to fill your mind and stretch it full of real wisdom.

One thing I’d love to shoot but haven’t had the chance yet is… A natural human birth. Nothing is as natural as a human baby entering into the world. The emotions and feelings would be so genuine, and heart felt through the lens. To capture that raw beauty would be an honour.

All I want for Christmas is… Peace. Not just globally but just locally. Every woman, man and child of all faiths and races. We need to find a way to embrace each other's differences, and compromise to co exist. The alternative is an unthinkable future for our children.

My favourite charity organization is (please provide weblink) I don't have a favourite charity per se. I do have an interest in the AIDS epidemic and the affects the disease has had on the people socially, especially the orphans. I was made aware of an amazing book written by Melissa Fay Greene, 'There is no me without you'. This book focuses a light on the nation's orphaned children, and the Grandmothers left to care for them. The courage and strength of the Grandmothers is awe inspiring. http://www.thereisnomewithoutyou.com/ is the site with info on the charities and the author. A charity that helps is http://www.bibijann.org/g2g.htm

Comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.