meLOVE: feeling writer's itch

I wish I was a more eloquent writer. Or at least more consistent. I can pull off a decent bit of prose every now and again but not every post seems to have that flair that I crave.

My dear friend Laura of The Photography of Laura Jane told me she's working on some writing. "I used to write..." I confessed, somewhat wistfully. I have 2 novels in progress, I have a bounty of short stories that have never been laid on anyone, I have poems and postcard prose for everything from angry rants to sappy romance... I've been published before - letters to the editor, school publications, a few other random spots. I'm not tooting my own horn too loudly but yes, I can write.

After spending several weeks pouring every ounce of creativity into composing (with diplomatic tact, political correctness, sprinkles of sardonic wit, and statements of irony) what may have singularly been the most difficult piece of writing/letter I've tackled in my life, my husband reads it, kisses my cheek and says, "That was amazing." Then he confesses, "I should write more, too."

So why don't we write more? The answer is simple: We. Don't. Know. Life has NEVER been so busy that I have been completely unable to find a means of being verbose, and Bill is a funny guy but never writes his material down. He likes reading blogs. He reads skateboarding blogs. He loves this fashion blog. He reads mine. (Hi, Bill!) And I've been bugging him for a while to start his own blog. It could be called, The Photographer's Widower, or something apt like that. Now I figure the two of us ought to just go ahead and start a blog together. Bill and Hope, Hope and Bill. Bilope. Hopill. Prose. Politics. Poetry. Pictures. I may have to start one up and add him as a contributor - he seemed to not understand why he has never been able to publish a comment on my blog.

UPDATED:  We have a blog.  Now, to see if Bill replies...

Comments

fmartell2 said…
I think a blog from the both of you would by hysterical!
Tonikka said…
you should start writing again... at least to dabble in another interest... makes life more interesting I think... cingrats on the novels...

my brother in law is a published writer 13 books and i see how much time and energy writing takes... so good luck


I used to be a hairdreser and refuse to cut/color etc anymore (big misake...it was boring) however I still Own my own business and do strictly wedding hair just to keep my self busy...

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.