tubeLOVE: Gaudi

I often share my favourite songs and other snippets with you via tubeLOVE posts, but today, instead, I thought I'd introduce you to some great Spanish architecture.  Although I remember seeing the buildings before, I never made a point of finding out anything about them.  I discovered Gaudi by accident the other day - looking through random travel blogs and seeing these incredible pictures of these buildings that were organic, breathtaking - indescribably beautiful with sensual cavernous sculptured interiors and whimsical swooping exteriors, infused throughout with rich playful colour and textures borrowed from natural inspiration...  I've been a fan of Italian architect Andrea Palladio since being in Vicenza in 2000, and now have added Barcelona in Spain to the list of places I want to visit the next time I head to Europe.  Read about Gaudi's life here.  Enjoy the visual feast that is Gaudi below:

Comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.