myLOVE: existential cutlery

You know in the first "Matrix" there's that part at the Oracle's house about, there is no spoon ? That's what's on my mind today. Problems are spoons. Sometimes I forget that our perception of life - what's important and not important, what's real and what's unreal (or surreal), what's right and what's wrong - gets distorted amoungst the minutiae of trying to understand or resolve or justify or, failing that, somehow regain control over whatever is going on. We cannot control the events around us and while we're busy overthinking things we forget to step back and surrender, to be grateful for the experiences that will, whether they are negative or positive, enrich our lives and our selves. After all, a sailor doesn't learn to master his ship on smooth waters.

Sometimes I forget there is no spoon. Maybe that's hard for some to understand, but I believe that when we are really truly unhappy and at odds with ourselves and those around us, the one thing 'wrong' with most of us is our own perception. I slept like the dead last night for the first time in a month. I know what's important to me. I know what's real (and surreal) around me. I know what's right for me. All it took was thinking of problems as spoons, and remembering that for me, there is no spoon.

Thank you for the kind notes and comments from those who were wondering what's 'wrong' with me. I'm not really good at hiding when I'm feeling hurt and confused. I try and be tough but I think I just come off as being mean. Anyhow, I have things back in perspective, with crystal clear focus. Which, considering I'm a photographer, is not a bad thing.

Comments

Hope you are ok, you can call me anytime to talk you know :)
kate said…
Glad things are looking up. I should be a better listener.
((((Hope)))) Glad to hear you have things back in perspective :)

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.