what's that?

Yes, this post WAS made at 4:15 a.m.  Sleep is still for sissies.

A small digression here - we're not going to debate or discuss my sleeping habits.

Alberta has THEE most messed up weather on the planet, and Edmonton in particular is super messed up.  We have spans of 40 degrees between the highs and lows on some days, we get floods, snow, tornadoes, and droughts.  We dress in layers for anything from a blizzard to a heat wave.  The saying, "If you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes," is only partly said in jest.  If you don't believe me, ask a meteorologist - apparently people come from all over the globe to study the peculiar weather patterns in Edmonton.  

Which brings me to this post.  After playing slip-n-slide on two wheels on the bike ride in to work this morning (the skating rink from last night's rain in the Bonnie Doon parking lot was a special treat, I assure you) and coming home wet as a drowned rat and looking like the victim of a drive-by mudding, I was treated to sleet and lighting.  Yes, that's right - sleet, and lightening.  In January.  In Edmonton.  Did anyone else witness this?

Messed.  Up.

Comments

Wren and Canaan's Mama said…
Ya, it freaked me out a little. And I LOVE storms.
I witnessed it too. I went to get the mail (across the street) and came back soaked. Last night the sleet hitting our windows kept Connor up until 10:30 and the wind gusts made our bonus room shake, many times.

Very messed up!

...although I have to admit I enjoyed the lightening :)
Wow well you poor thing! I hope the weather gets better for you !

We only had gusting winds here last night....
Tanya said…
I didn't see the rain but man oh man that wind was freaking me out.
kate said…
yes... sleep IS for sissies!
PixelPie said…
Oh no, we had lighting. And sleet.

My poor wienerschnitzel's were freaked out and wouldn't leave my side.

There was so much wind that it kept the doggie door wide opened, blowing snow and water across my kitchen floor, reaching the cupboard walls. Needless to say, the doggie door got shut pretty fast.
fmartell2 said…
If I would of known you were posting this while I was sleeping, I would of dragged you to your bed and made you sleep!!

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.