pitch`n`putt pumkins

When E popped the question, D`s sister gave her a gift certificate for my services. The point was to get a nice engagement photo for their Mom to put in the paper, since they are doing a destination wedding. We got that about 15 seconds into the shoot. I know some photographers who, once they have the money shot they were looking for, say, Well done, thanks! and then they pack up and leave. We were barely getting started...



D was concerend that her and E always looked awkward and weird in photos. In about a third she says she is turning E`s face towards the camera, a third they are making goofy faces, and a third he is licking her face. After talking with D for a few minutes it almost seemed like she was wanting me to say something like no, you would be too difficult to work with - you`re off the hook.


I reassured D we`d be fine. I told her and E to bring a pair of golf clubs and a sense of humour, and I`d bring the pumpkins and a camera, and we`d make history.



It didn`t take long before D & E were goofing around like a pair of teenagers, and the only word I could really use to accurately describe their relationship would be joy-full.

(D - this is the offending sock picture, just for you - I sure hope he figures that out before the wedding...)


I suggested E dip D. It resembled something more like a wrestling throw-down. I hope he gets that figured out before the wedding too...

(aren`t they sweet... OK - so E`s actually warming up his cold nose on D`s cheek, but whatever - made for a brilliant photo.)


Once the mushy lovey-dovey stuff was over it was time to bust out the golf clubs and pumpkins. After a bit of golf-club sword fighting, and a bit of pumpkin racing, rolling, and bowling, well - D & E redefined the phrase pitch`n`putt...

Just throwing and golfing the pumpkins wasn`t enough - D started pitching the busted chunks to E, who was attempting to bat them with his golf club. Eventually the sun dipped below the tree-line and we decided it was time to pack it in.

I think this was the moment D had been waiting for the whole session!

E got her back, but I would argue it was totally worth it lol.
With so much laughter and happiness shared between these two, they are surely starting off on the right foot for a happy marriage.

D & E, thank you so much for being such a breath of fresh air. I honestly don`t think I have ever laughed so much or so hard during any portrait session, ever, and I am genuinely glad your sister (and soon to be sister-in-law) forced you into it.



I hope your wedding is everything you hope it to be, and more!

Comments

shutterbug said…
I LOVE these photo's!!!

Congrats to the couple!!
Becks said…
OMG! Hope...you know how I feel about sunset pictures and these are brilliant and so inspiring. I love the embrace photo, ohhh and the last photo!
Beautiful couple and beautiful photos...simply put.
Cathy said…
How cool!! LOVE the story along with your photography!
This set ROCKS! What fun beautiful engagement pictures. Love the pumpking smashing ones :)
Talitha Watkinson said…
Love these!! The way you get people to relax and just "be themselves" is really inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.