giving a little back

I'd be remiss if I didn't stop every once in a while to acknowledge the gifts I have in my life.  Maybe it's the phase of the moon, maybe it's the fact I'm wearing pink today, maybe I'm just feeling flaky, but Cathy's post about being thankful prompted me to take a moment to hand out kudos to the people who touch my life.

First and foremost, my innermost circle of family and longtime friends, who support me unconditionally, forgive me my absences, put up with me when I'm around but not present, and welcome me with open arms when I come up for air.

My beloved family of clients, whose continued support and patronage have enabled me to feed this passion without totally alienating complete strangers or freaking out the neighbours with my ever-present camera.

The DLS workshop alumni, who inspire and uplift me on a constant basis with the dedication, integrity, sincerity, talent, and devotion they show in their work.

My extended circle of new photography friends, who have impressed me with their willingness to share their wisdom (and occasionally pawn off super-sweet props at discounted prices) and expertise.

My blog buddies, whose postings amuse, enlighten, enrage, and update me with the goings-on in their blessed lives that I'd miss if they didn't spell it out for me.

My contractor, for making it possible for me to deal with my GI issues without having to hurl myself down a flight of stairs in darkness to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

My supervisor and boss, for letting me be myself even when that means I come to the office dressed as a pirate, and not holding it against me for being the weirdest kid on the block.

I'm sure I've forgotten a few people, but my flakiness has worn off now that I realize the time and all the work I need to do in preparation for Billy's Birthday Bash tomorrow...

Comments

What birthday bash ?
ticblog said…
Bill had some frineds over for whiskey and cake on Saturday night. There's not much whiskey left, but I have lots of cake...

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.