yay weekends and giant water bugs!!!

What a strange and long and lovely week it has been. September always makes thing crazy-busy, both at home and at work. Between getting autumn pictures done, making sure the kids are in the swing of things for school, keeping up with homework and housework, and throwing in the inevitable hiccups along the way, life gets pretty overwhelming at the best of times. This week began not so pretty and so the hectic schedule was made worse. Because of hair-dye.

Monday was an absolute nightmare. It was like the day that never began, or ended. I spent the entire day in a fog, unable to concentrate, feeling manic and depressed at the same time, and had worked myself into a virtual frenzy by bedtime, about everything and anything. Of course the big event Tuesday was having my first class - this weighed heavy on my mind: what was I thinking signing up for a class? I pretty much talked myself out of even going. I was barely able to fall asleep. Life was, simply, not good. Not good at all.

After realizing this was the result of me having some pretty severe side-effects from the Prednisone I was prescribed for my hair-dye mishap and taking myself off the meds, things instantly turned sunny. Tuesday came off without a hitch! I was excited about my class, excited about meeting with the personal trainer, looking forward to the entertainment of new term chaos at work, and motivated to finish up the last of the weddings and move on to the outstanding family albums. Wednesday, more busy, Thursday, more busy... and here we are on Friday already, in the wee hours of the morning. I managed to get a whole album of teasers processed, get half my reading for my class done, burn a few CDs, wash a couple loads of laundry, and prepare for the trip Bill and I are taking: two bikes, one canoe, no kids... It's all I can think about right now... first time in over 5 years we will be taking a trip alone, together.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday I managed to sneak away from my desk for lunch, for the first time in what feels like months. In actuality, I was dropping off pay action forms for our students, but even so it was a nice break, especially since I happened to have my camera with me when this little buddy came across my path. I know he's a giant water bug, or a 'toe-biter' as my sister calls them, but everyone thought he was a cockroach. So, I was thinking about cockroaches.



I don't think I really like cockroaches, but I think me and a cockroach, we're not so different. We can survive all kinds of adversity, we're persistent, we're prolific, we do most of our dirty work while everyone else is sleeping, and we manage to thrive whether we're at the bottom of a garbage heap or sitting in a bowl of cherries. And even though everyone knows we're softies inside, we have crusty exteriors that are hard to crack. Especially with these scabby ears of mine. Yelch.

See you all Monday!!!

Comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.