bees, please!

My friend and fellow camera junkie Jillian Kirby recently captured a few snaps of a bee in flight. I thought hey - what a great challenge! I took me and my lensbaby out in my front flowerbed and got busy. I had forgotten that the star-shaped aperture ring was in the lensbaby, which kind of added a really cool effect - oops! For a person with a bee allergy, it was really far more excitement than I needed, but nevertheless, the venture was a complete success, if I do say so myself!





Comments

Lynda said…
I especially like the third pic, where the bee is just hanging there. Tres cool.

Lynda
shutterbug said…
Those are way too cool! I don't think I'd be brave enough!
Tanya said…
Beautiful!
Becks said…
Those are awesome!
Carol Kerfoot said…
I just posted mine too!
How the H-E-double hockey sticks did you capture those images???!!! What lens did you use? Awesome!
ticblog said…
It was the lensbaby, and I was REAL REAL close... and the bees were kinda slow and lazy... a little pollen-drunk. Wait'll ya see the bug pictures I got this weeken at the lake - pretty little purple-blue moths, some kind of beetle-bee thing, an intsy bitsy spider, a red-eyed fly, dragonflies, and some kind of little winged insect that looked sort of like a flying ant that I somehow managed to catch mid-flight while he is casting a shadow! SO cool!
I gots to get me a lens baby....this photography obsession thing is cutting into me budget.
ticblog said…
I would have been doing it with the macro zoom, but didn't have time to switch off lenses when I saw the bees. I just grabbed my camera and went crazy!

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.