a time for healing

It seems everyone's on the mend. Mrs. PQRS (otherwise known to you all as "Kate") is recovering nicely, and after today's x-ray, Wil is cast-free! He was almost in tears when the Dr. told him he didn't need another cast. I'm not sure if that was because he could scratch his arm and take a shower again, or because he wasn't getting the $20 I was going to pay him if he got the hot pink cast...


The arm looks as disgusting as I told Wil it would. It kind of reminds me of the poor unfortunate souls created by Ursula the Sea Witch in The Little Mermaid. In addition to the very weak and pathetic looking muscles, there's still a lot of bruising and some deformity where the break was but the Dr. assured me that since Wil hasn't hit his pubescent growth spurt he will straighten the bones out just fine.


He's quite atrophied - his arm tires easily, the joints are seized, and his wrist barely rotates. Wil's in a splint and not allowed to go tricking on his bike (or climbing trees) until the end of June. He says he feels 'vulnerable' without his cast. I give him a week before he's testing the limits of common sense and therefore my patience...
That's 2 out of 3. I'm going to put out a request to the almighty Universe that the remaining healing slot belongs to me.

Comments

Lynda said…
The arm is gross, but really cool at the same time. That's something that I didn't get to do in my childhood - break something.

Tell Wil congrats and I hope for your sake, it's the first and last cast!

L
fmartell2 said…
Glad he healed quickly, but I would of loved to of seen him in a hot pink cast.
You figure it'll take him a full week to start testing the arm and your patience? I give him until the end of the weekend. LOL

And yes, the last healing slot needs to be yours.
kate said…
The third healing slot has your name on it.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.