girl bonding

Serejane and I had the luxury of hanging out together all last weekend while Bill went to Victoria for his Granny's 80th birthday party. While he was away, I did a little cleaning. Six black bags of stuff, 4 boxes of other stuff, some miscellaneous furniture, and 10 bags of garbage later, we were done. By the time we finished, we had moved Kaelan's bedroom back to the small room upstairs, purchased 2 new beds for the girls and put them together in the bigger room upstairs, reorganize all the closets and wash every article of laundry in the house, clean the office out, and move my sewing gear into Kaelan's old room, which not only houses a spare bed and dresser, the sewing desk with everything ready at will but a 2-storey 6ft long dollhouse we previously hadn't had the space for. Aside of the TD session, we were together the whole time!  So awesome!  

While we were eating lunch on day two of our marathon of cleaning, Serejane was being a goof. So I shot her.


It is wonderful having the house spring cleaned - everything feels fresh and new. Aside of the ancient mattress and boxspring the kids have adopted as a trampoline in the back yard, side by side, Serejane and I managed to accomplish a huge task.  I feel closer to her than I have in a long time and I think I may have to schedule more mother-daughter time, more frequently.  AND, now that we're all spring-cleaned, after next weekend when we do a bit of number crunching, it looks like we will FINALLY be able to bring in a contractor to finish up the bathroom/kitchen situation that has been on hold since we found out I was pregnant with Serejane.


(This was Jane asking me to take her picture as she was scaling the side of the aforementioned mattress while we waited for Bill to get home since my sister still has my house key and we were locked out.  Serejane kept us both cheerful by doing an impromptu musical soundtrack for our strife, singing songs that went something like this: I love my Mama, but we're locked out.  Daddy haves to come home so we can go in.  I love my Mamamamamamamama but Daddy is silly we have no KEEEEEYYYYYYYYYY I have to go to bed and Mama has to peeeeeeeeeee la LA la laaaaaLAAAAAAAAAAA....)

Comments

Can't wait to see your accomplishments !!
Becks said…
Too cute. I really like the color and the natural frame in the last picture.
Ang said…
I am jealous of all that cleaning. Not that I want to actually DO all of that - I just want it to be done!

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.