busy busy

Obviously I've been a bit of a blog slacker the past couple of weeks. I have lots going on for the next few weeks as well - between clients, workshops, family, a particularly busy end-of-term at my day job, and the North Country Fair Programme scheduled to go to print in just 3 weeks, don't expect too much from me... For clients awaiting albums, yes, it will take me a good 2 weeks before you see much of anything, and for those owed albums already completed, just send me a harassing email - chances are good I have indeed forgotten about you lol...

At the end of next week I will be ready to make ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER TWO which is as cool as the Relay for Life announcement. Maybe even cooler. Stay tuned.


Wil and his alien cheerio... check out the perfect triangle!


I met a family down by the graffiti wall from the trash the dress session for some funky portraits.  I was there a bit early so wandered about a bit.


This shopping cart was just covered with grasses and litter.  It was deliciously hideous - I took at least 20 pictures of it.


When we did the TTD, I saw the corner of this mattress poking out and thought it would be fun to go in and have our bride pose in her 'new home.'  Halfway down the embankment I realized that there were still people living there - eek!  So we ended up using the other side of the bridge...  Apparently, they did spring cleaning this week too as the mattress and boxspring were airing out, the clothing and bags had all been removed, all the litter (and an octagonal end table - yes I climbed up and looked in lol) were in the garbage bin, and nothing but the picnic bench was left under there.


The burning bushes are positively splendid this year.  Maybe they always have been and I never paid close enough attention, but there they are.  Every place I have shot this spring that has trees present has these vibrant red twigs in the background.  I figured I ought to pay homage by doing a close up on the beautiful scarlet branches that have been adding an unexpected dose of colour to my otherwise abysmal pre-blossom spring pictures.

Cheers to all, and have a fantastic week!

Comments

Lisa said…
Oh, Oh, I forgot to tell you. The day after TTD I bundled up the boys and our wagon and drove back down there to search for my phone. When we got there there was a police van in the parking lot. By the time we got out and on our way there was a bunch more police and bylaw guys and they all went under the bridge and started to evict the people living under there. It was kind of sad - throwing their stuff away and everything. And the one person was screaming. Nate was kind of concerned about it all so we made a hasty turn up the hill so he wouldn't have to watch. So that is probably why they were missing when you went back.

And you're lucky, my burning bush is already gone back to green for the summer. (I love the cart picture) :)
ticblog said…
Boy, I'm sure glad to know the strong arm of the law extends itself to evicting homeless people from the underside of bridges. Honestly, I hope they packed up their belongings and fled for a treed area.

With the leaves off, you can clearly see the camps along the Mill Creek Ravine and throughout the river valley. Once the leaves are in, the homeless will set up camp again. Just kinda sucks for the guys under the bridge - the trees aren't nearly lush enough to give them any kind of shelter just yet.

The working homeless are the invisible victims in Edmonton - people who hold down jobs of moderate, steady income insufficient to afford rents in even the scariest of apartments. Of course, with no place to bathe they have a hard time securing other jobs...

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.