welcome, CK!

We did DeeDee's maternity pictures just a few weeks ago, squeezing her in right before I took a break to wait for Canaan to put in an appearance.

At 10:35 a.m. April 16, 2008, Baby CK arrived, weighing in at an impressive 8lbs and 6oz. Mom called and left a message at the house at 2:35 p.m. asking if I could sneak over and get some super-fresh baby pictures. I arrived at about 7:35 p.m. So, by my math, little CK is just 9 hours old in this, his first out-of-(mom's)-body paparazzi session. Not *quite* as fresh as Canaan was, but pretty close. His hair was softer than a baby chick's feathers, and despite all our stroking, poking, prodding, and petting he wouldn't open his eyes, not for Mom, not for me, not for all the tea in China. I didn't mind, so much - sleeping babies are kinda nice to nuzzle while Mom is taking care of herself... (yes, yes, I had to resort to flash near the end when the sun left me... no comments from the peanut gallery!) Little CK has 3 big sisters who are SOOOO excited for him to come home today! I bet they didn't get to sleep for a LONG TIME last night and $10 says the school ground is abuzz with news of the newest addition! Congratulations to you all!





Comments

fmartell2 said…
He is adorable!!!
Seeing pics of all these itty bitty brand new babies is NOT helping my need for a baby fix.
Laura Jane said…
Very cute! I LOVE the yawning picture, adorable!
Lynda said…
The yawning picture is my favourite!! How cute is that!
alphonsedamoose said…
Wow! Does he ever have a lot of hair. I love pictures of new-borns.
kate said…
I love that yawn and the one smushed against mom
Mama Bear said…
I am not a peanut. But he is. Adorable! So squishable!
ticblog said…
You aren't the only one anxious to throw peanuts, Mamabear... lol. I felt bad - I was in the room, 5 women all crammed in there with their babies, and trying desperately to avoid using the damned flash because I didn't want to disturb everyone lol. I was there well past the cut-off for visitors, flash going off, me and Dee Dee stifling our giggles like teenagers trying not to get busted... "Is the nurse gone? OK - I'm going to stand on the chair... I hope she doesn't walk in..." ~giggle giggle giggle~

Her poor roommates were probably SO happy to see me leave... it's a dangerous job, but someone has to do it... lol
I love the suitcase shots, so sweet! Great tickle trunk you carry!

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.