sick. ick.

Yesterday morning I woke up about 2 a.m. paying dearly for our outing to McDonald's for Serejane's birthday on Wednesday night. Usually when I piss off my GI system with a Big Mac and a Blizzard (soft ice cream is a surefire way to make me sick) it goes away by the time my system if flushed. So about 1 a.m. last night, thinking I was in the clear and sleeping peacefully, I woke up with a wicked gut ache and started all over again. (This is tough when you have an empty stomach - I won't go into details...) This morning I was tired and dehydrated, and suffering stomach cramps so bad I had to curl up in the foetal position until they passed. It's been about an hour without a cramp so knock wood the worst of it is over. I'm not brave enough to eat anything yet - I'm just trying to drink enough water to stave off the headache I've developed. Ugh. Nice way to kick off the weekend.

I'm pretty excited about this weekend though - tonight (providing my stomach decides to cooperate) we're going to visit my friend Amanda, whose twins are like TWO and I haven't MET THEM yet. Yay! Tomorrow I was supposed to do a couple of clients out on Spruce Grove and was hoping to hit the Relay for Life Garage Sale out there but the van developed a shimmy which I discovered when I was driving Bill and his brother to the airport. The steering wheel was vibrating bad enough it made my carpal tunnel hurt. Alas, no highway driving until after the mechanic has a go with Tory now, so it looks like I'll be sticking close to home. Instead, Serejane and I are heading over to the zoo to do a session with Sweet Liam, who has never been to the zoo, and then having company over for dinner. Sunday I was debating heading to Calgary to visit my sister and my other friend Nicole who is visiting from BC, then picking Bill and Ollie up from the airport on the way home, but no van... so with this lovely bit of weather they're predicting for us, we're doing the DLS Trash the Dres field trip, which is SOOOO exciting!!! How fun is THAT, hey? I was hoping for a farmer's field but I barely trust the van to go to the zoo tomorrow let alone head out in search of a half-melted slough or a field of cows to throw the bride in...

What have YOU got planned?

Comments

Tanya said…
Hope your feeling better soon! I will spend the majority of my weekend at the relay for life garage sale.
fmartell2 said…
Sounds like you had a really rough night!! Hopefully it has all passed and you are feeling much better for the rest of the day.
My plans for the weekend is to start on my dress that I am making, do some housework, and maybe a trip to Fabricland... but that could become pricey! I never walk out with only one thing.
Oh and maybe get some rest to help get rid of this sore throat.
kate said…
We have lots planned for this weekend! My husband’s birthday is tomorrow (the BIG 4-8), and I am throwing a surprise party for him TONIGHT at 7. I dropped the kids off at Grandma and Grandpa’s and I’m really just waiting for guests to arrive. The boys are home from college for the weekend and Hal hasn’t seen them yet, so he’s been trying to get home. Some guys from work took him out for drinks after work today and are doing a good job of keeping him away until I’m ready for him at the party. Lots of people, lots of food/drinks, lots of fun…I hope he has a good time!

The kids have soccer games and dance on Saturday during the day, and we’ll have dinner as a family for Hal’s actual birthday. Not sure if we’ll go out or stay in. Probably stay in since we didn’t make a reservation and it’s tough to get a table on a Saturday night with a family of 11 without a long wait. The weather is supposed to cool down again next week, so I think we’ll try to get some yard work and outside playtime in this weekend while it’s warm and sunny.

Hal will drive the boys back to school in Chicago on Sunday evening and stay til Monday, so I’ll be on my own with the little ones.

Hoping to squeeze some laundry/cleaning and a nap or two in.
kate said…
...and I'm sorry to hear about your tummy trouble. Feel better.
alphonsedamoose said…
I hope you are feeling better.
Maybe, if you are lucky, the shimmy will just be because your tires are out of balance.
It was bittersweet to see you today my love. Next time we will spend more time together :)

Just got in from IKEA * wink *

I am doing a wedding tomorrow, and Sunday probably building all the furniture we bought and putting the girls new room together :)


Love you Hopey Poopey !
I'm coping with the inlaws this weekend. I'm going to rope them in to baby shopping. LOL I figure if I have to deal with them until Monday, a little retail therapy is in order. LOL
Ang said…
Ew, you do sound sick. ick. I hope you are feeling better by now.

We are having a nice weekend. Hal's surprise party last nite was a blast. So fun and a late nite. I'm still in training for my marathon on May 18 so I have a 20 mile run tomorrow. We have to catch up soon.
Lynda said…
I hope you feel better today, my dear and that you had a fantabulous weekend!

We took the dogs to Toronto Islands (fun ferry ride) yesterday and just walked around. Of course we got mobbed and had tons of people ask us if they could take pics, so we had a blast! Not very often you see two huge white danes walking around! Tons of fun!
Miss you!
L

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.