Canaan, 9lbs 11oz of love-a-liscious chubby baby

Choosing just a few out of the 500+ I snapped was damn hard. I could dedicate an entire website to this birth alone. For every person out there who 'perfects' their own or other people's newborn babies in photoshop or similar, I dare you to tell me these pictures - raw, unedited files, straight from the camera - aren't perfect.






Best quotes from the day...

Wren, to me, upon waking: "Hi, Hope."

The Cat who was locked in the basement: "Mrowwwwwwr!!!!! Meeeeeeeoooooooooww!" (repeat, repeat, repeat...)

S. to me, when asked how old she was, while holding up 5 fingers, "Two," then asked when her birthday was: "Yesterday." JB cleared it up for me, and S. is a) a fibber and b) confused.

Jen, to Wren, after finishing a contraction during which Wren gave up trying to get her attention and started to walk away: "I love you, Wren!"

Barb, the midwife, at some point before the baby was born: "Oh, no - the head feels nice, a good size, not too big at all..." Ha! lol

Jen, while grasping the baby and sporting an impish smile and laughing at all of us, with the baby pulled in to her chest so none of us could see, regarding the gender, "I'm not telling!"

JB, while Jen was juggling the boy like a big fish trying to guess his weight right before he got weighed, "Oh, yeah - that's a nine-pounder at least..."

And the winner is....

Jody, about the amount of vernix on the boy when he was delivered: "It was greasy like pulling out a piece of bacon..."

Comments

They are absolutely perfect!
Wonderful wonderful job!
Tanya said…
I love them, he is absolutely adorable. I love the joy you caught with him and the proud I am assuming grandparents.
ticblog said…
You - that's Grandma and Grandpa, who sadly missed the delivery by mere minutes. The pictures of them meeting their grandson are some of my favourites - there's another one taken at the same time, one of Grandpa's face as he's being handed his grandson, that is burned into my mind for eternity - the pictionary definition of 'mirth'. lol
Kj said…
beautiful. truly beautiful. beautiful and poetic.

congratulations to the loving family.
Lynda said…
Amazing - your pictures always leave me feeling. Yep, "feeling". Thanks for that.
Wow Hope
Perfect... the baby and the pictures.
Mama Bear said…
I love birth. What a beautiful picture story...
shutterbug said…
He is so cute and Chubby!!
Wonderful pictures, I love them all!
Carol Kerfoot said…
He is gorgeous and hes got himself a damn good photographer!
Allyson said…
Hope you have captured this little man's birth so wonderfully! Thanks for letting us "in"!

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.