half way there...

We did away with another basket last night. We probably would have gotten through a second one, but I didn't want to push it. (Babzy - the baskets are mostly blue, but none of them are round... maybe that's the vortex. Probably is - our sock basket is round and that thing has mysterious powers...) We did end up making two new 'piles' that will eventually need to be dealt with, and i foresee another one coming. There is one pile of pieces parts - screws, sticky feet for furniture, nuts, bolts, drill bits, etc. that needs to be sorted and put away in the garage, tool box, whatever. The second is a pile of undelivered Christmas gifts for people we've probably seen 80 times since Christmas but keep forgetting to give them their stuff. I think the plan for that one is to have a dinner party that involves actually doling the gifts out. The third and final sorting pile is one that was already begun but that is growing exponentially as we sort through the other baskets - papers. Cards, invoices, kids' art. bills, model releases, kids, art, mail, statements, kids' art, more kids' art - all things that needs to be sifted through and filed or thrown away. I always procrastinate this one - it's almost more than I can bear to part with the chidren's artwork. I never know which ones I like best, which ones are memorable, which ones I will one day recall and regret having tossed in favour or another for the sake of making a bite-sized collection.

Tonight I've already got a sense of dread settled in the pit of my stomach about tackling the basket at hand - we will be hitting the first of my Dad's stuff, which actually isn't in baskets but in boxes, with other stuff piled on top... Bah. The score is us 4, the baskets 4.

Comments

fmartell2 said…
I once heard of a GREAT idea to do with Kids artwork. To take each picture and have it printed on a square of fabric, and then make it into a quilt for them.
I love the idea, but I see it as just another pile of STUFF that I would just never get around to doing....lol
ticblog said…
You know, I don't know that I'd ever print a quilt at the end of it, but it never even dawned on me I could photograph them. Hmmm. Hmmmmmmm.

I need to mull that one over. I think it's not just about being able to see the artwork, but about being able to touch it and smell it. I think there need to be a physicality to it...

I'll get back to you.
Tanya said…
We have christmas presents to be delivered here to. It's so funny because I was so worried about having gifts for everyone but yet the reality is I guess we did not need to get gifts for everyone.
alphonsedamoose said…
look on the bright side Hope. The score is tied so when you do one more basket you will be winning.
This will be the hardest basket( box) to do.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.