playing hooky

So I have two client albums to upload tonight, and then I'm TOTALLY playing hooky for the weekend - no pictures, no processing, no clients, no nothing. Nobody will see anything new now until AFTER the Family Day weekend. I'm going to try and not even turn my computer on lest I be sucked in by the lure of Scrabble turns not taken... ~gasp!~

Tonight we're hanging out at home and doing some much-needed catching up on housework. Since the workshops started in January, I have been kind of sloppy about putting *my* toys away and we're currently tripping over props, backdrops, and equipment in pretty much every room in the house. Not to mention the ever-present mountain of laundry that has somehow tripled in height since Christmas, and the as-yet indecisive set-up of the new desks in the office area that currently see them sitting quite literally in the middle of the floor, surrounded by all the familiar trappings of an office space like: staplers, paper, printers, and a mean-looking rat's nest of cables and cords. Generally speaking, we're in dire need of a night of, quite simply, "putting away stuff" and so we will embark upon that task tonight.

Saturday during the day we're heading out to do something that requires a) leavcing the house and b) employing large motor skills. At this point, it might be indoor, outdoor, close by, nearby, we don't actually give a hoot, as long as it doesn't involve being stuck in the house for yet another weekend. The crappy weather has given us all a bit of cabin fever, so some toboganning, running, snow-tanning, snowman and snowangel making, rolling, writhing, jumping, and butt-skidding seems in perfect order.

Saturday night (while we run all the wet filthy dirty snow clothes through the washer and dryer) we're having company over for dinner - my husband's best friend, and some friends of his from work. They've even volunteered to bring the food AND the drinks. Woot woot! The couple have a daughter who is the same age as Serejane as well as a wee bebe, who is just mobile enough that we may have to figure out a clever way of blocking him into the living room... this may involve some creative furniture rearranging. If all goes well, we may even pull out the fire pit for a bit of a toastmallow partee!

Sunday we will recuperate, and maybe I'll have an opportunity to file our taxes. From 2006. ~sigh~

Monday we're heading over to the pottery studio for a bit, and then likely off to do some more large motor skill outdoor activity before all keeling over and dying just in time for work and school on Tuesday morning. Somewhere in all this, I'd like to figure out a way to do some reading. You know - curled up on the couch with a binky and a mug of cocoa, half awake, half alseep, while the kids frolic outside or watch movies, and you end up having to read the same passage like 18 times before you actually get it...

Honestly, don't expect much out of me this weekend. I am unapologetically taking it off to be with my family. Pbbt!~ What all have YOU got going on?

Comments

alphonsedamoose said…
I hope you have a very restful and relaxing weekend Hope.
I think we have Owen tomorrow, then out for a birthday dinner Saturday, vegetate Sunday, work Monday.
GOOD GOOD !!

So glad to hear it !!

You may have to fit a short visit in with me this weekend as I am coming by to pick up stuff ! I am in the city Sunday afternoon.

Call me, babe-squish !
Kate said…
Hal and Lauren's husband took Shane and his girlfriend (both home from school for the long weekend), Nathan, Luke, Olivia and her friend, Jack, Abby, and Lauren's daughter Zoey up to the cottage for a couple nights. They will be home tomorrow afternoon. Brave men, I tell ya. I'm glad Olivia went... it's a big step for her to go away without me for a couple nights. She really likes Shane's girlfriend (we ALL like her!).

Kyle is a little under the weather, so he stayed home with Gracie, Julia and I. Lauren and her boys have been over. We've enjoyed the weekend.

Enjoy YOUR weekend.
Babzy said…
What am I doing this weekend? I thought Friday was Saturday, Sat was Sunday, and today was Monday. If I was working I would have been halfway to work this morning before it dawned on me. HA
Psychotic Faerie said…
I did about the same as you, cleaning, organizing etc. It is nice to have a clean house to start the week and I'm looking forward to a movie tonight. I hope you enjoyed your butt-skiding!

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.