das book - a work in progress


I have the luxury of having been passed around a wonderful group of parents in the Spruce Grove and Stony Plain area, whose children I have watched grow over the past couple of years.  This past year has seen most of them earn a younger sibling, which is very exciting.  In that same token, growing older means growing into new and wonderful things, like counting and naming colours.  

One of the projects I am working to get off the ground is a special series of learning books aimed at 2 - 5 year olds that clients can have their children star in.  The idea is to have the children participate in designing the book by including special personal objects, which through the magic of photography will later become part of a hardcover, softcover, or mini book that parents can first read to their child, and that the child will eventually be able to read themselves.  Themes like colours, numbers, the alphabet, and French action words, along with a selection of nursery rhymes and fairy tales, are just the tip of the iceburg of what I am now able to offer.

I am pleased to share with you a preview of these amazing little munchkins in their learning book debut, on the theme of colours.  Again, to the Moms and Dads who braved the weather and re-organized their schedules to accommodate my experiment, my sincerest thank yous.  Without further ado...



Comments

Tanya said…
This is such a cute idea!
Cathy said…
You are so creative and talented H! If I could give you an award I would!!
Very cute so far !!!!!!!!
kate said…
I would love to have had books like this of my children! Such an amazing woman you are.
lilredamber said…
Looks great Hope!! Keep it up, your an inspiration :)
Laura Jane said…
I love it! So cute, great idea! Must have been a riot eeach time...
ticblog said…
Each time? No, no, no, my friend - I shot ALL 11 PLUS 2 others in the same morning! Normally it'd be just one child starring in each of the pictures, but this special edition includes all the babes from the Mom's group, so I shot them all on the same day!
Wren's Mamma said…
AND!! She managed to be done in record time, nobody cried, and she supplied snacks!!
alphonsedamoose said…
What a great idea Hope. Owen's mom belongs to a Mom's group out here. I wonder if it is the same one?
Tasha said…
VERY kool !!! i'll order one for my new babe!
Kate said…
Hope = Wonder Woman
ticblog said…
Probably not, Moose - Owen's a bit young for this Mom's group. I know the community centre they all hail from offers new ones every few months for kids in the same age group though - might be the next generation of them - who knows?
Wren's Mamma said…
Owen is actually the oldest of our babes. He was born early at 27 weeks or so, so he just looks small. He was born in December 2005.
ticblog said…
Kate - you're hilarious. Sorry Wren's Mama - I meant that Moose's grandson Owen is not in the same age group as the Mamapalooza babes.
ticblog said…
Kate - you're hilarious. Sorry Wren's Mama - I meant that Moose's grandson Owen is not in the same age group as the Mamapalooza babes.
Babzy said…
I love this book. It's a great idea.
alphonsedamoose said…
Confusing when there is more than one Owen isn't it. Ours was born sept 2, 2006.
Looking forward to see our pictures too !! No rush, just plain old excited !! LOL!..

Hope also did my two girls on the same day !!!

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.