human again

I feel like I've been in a cocoon the last several days.  The sinus infection I had ignored for a good week found its way into my throat and right ear, culminating with me being unable to swallow or speak without wincing in pain, and rupturing my eardrum.  Now, for those of you who know me, I rupture my eardrums regularly, usually in swimming pools, once when someone clapped me hard on the ear, and this time, because I was too stubborn to go to the Dr. when it started hurting in the first place early last week.  I guess my pain tolerance has increased, since I didn't notice the rupture until I scratched my ear and found yummy goopy smelly bloody stuff on my finger.  Yay Hope!  I should TOTALLY win an award for being a jackass.  So, what should have been a quick trip to get antibiotics turned into 3 days off work, struggling to not be nauseated, and not even bothering to try and say conscious...  Today, for the first time in almost 2 weeks, I feel human again.  Must be them thar 'spensive drugs I got me - 10-day cycle, one pill a day, $70.  Ouch!

Comments

Carol Kerfoot said…
Hey I have the same kind of cold...you been necking me again?
Carol Kerfoot said…
Let me come back and say not as extreme but still a pain...quit necking me
Tanya said…
Oh my I had a throat infection once and that was bad enough. I couldn't imagine having the sinus' and ear infected as well and living through it. Glad you are feeling better now, I hope next time you don't let it get that far before hitting the Dr's.
ticblog said…
I'm feeling the love, Billie.

And I honestly thought it would pass.
ticblog said…
It was the eyes glued shut with fluorescent green scunge, the fatigue, and the searing pain that finally clued me in I was over my head... lol

(yeah, yeah - I know - I'm a dumbass)
fmartell2 said…
I know how much you LOVE going to the Dr.
I know how much time you take for yourself
I know you have a history of ruptured ear drums
And I know if have told others you are FINE you can't admit you are wrong! ... lol
I think all 4 of those things put together equals DUMBASS ;)
ticblog said…
No.. really - I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, Billie. Tell me what you REALLY think. lol
You know, I'm in a highly emotional state right now Hope...I could just come out to visit and bitch slap you. LOL

Being a Mom automatically makes you not take your own symptoms seriously and we ALL know how much you love the doctors...But really Hope, why did you let it get that far?

Dumbass! HaHaHa!
wren's Mamma said…
ahh, get better soon.
Babzy said…
Geez it's not like you live somewhere that doesn't have medical coverage.

Don't forget to eat yogurt.
kate said…
Hope, even I wouldn't have waited that long to go to the doctor. What were you thinking?

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. Make sure you take your entire prescription!
kate said…
i see you!
Cathy said…
Oh! I am so glad you are feeling better! Sounds like you had it BAD!! That really sucks. I also struggle with ear troubles...they are NO fun.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.