Howard Jones - No one is to blame

It was my first ever junior high school dance. I was wearing a mint green pantsuit and pink lace-up jelly shoes. I had joined the badminton team for him. I would have hot flashes when I passed him in the hallway. I got dizzy when he talked to me. He asked me to dance to this song. I could have died happy that night. ~swoon~ I knew RC as 'Tigger' back then, and when he graduated from grade nine at the end of that school year, having never asked me for a second dance let alone a date, I thought I'd never feel the same again about another boy - that raw, innocent, pure attraction that kinda knocks the wind out of you. Thanks for the dance, Tigger, wherever you are...

I never crushed that hard again until I fell in love with my would-be husband when he was just 17, and I was 21. Though we'd known each other for 7 years by then, we were at very different places. We dated only for a few months, then lost track of each other for a few years. Last thing we knew of one another, I had married someone else, and he had moved to Ottawa.

Then, one fateful day at Tim Horton's we bumped into each other, older, time-worn, both of us separated from the other parents of our children. A year after that fateful reunion we bought our home together, and made Serejane.

I suppose I should have posted this on January 1st, which is our actual wedding anniversary, but after 20 years I think we are both comfortable knowing that no matter what comes our way, we'll always wait for each other.

I love you, Bill. Happy Anniversary.

Comments

Babzy said…
Awww I'm all squishy inside.

The first song I danced to was featured in your last post.

DA DA DAAA DAA DA DADA DA DA DA DA ... DA DA DAA DA DADA DA DAAA
ticblog said…
Really, Babz? You danced to the Chantays first? I think you're just pulling my leg lol

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.