no match for a turkey

Now that I'm safely past Thanksgiving and before I finish working myself up into a lather about Christmas, a post by Babzy jolted me out of a bit of a daze I've been in. And it's not because I am ignorant, just so busy with the busy-ness of life, that I've quite forgotten where to place my thank yous. So before I forget, here are some things I am grateful for, that I certainly don't take for granted but should acknowledge more often.

My husband. He is my rock and foundation, my tether. I love everything about him except for the fact he always screws up my Christmas presents by going and buying them for himself every year at the beginning of December, leaving me scrambling for ideas.

My son Wil - he is such a good kid, such a nice young man; now if only I could get him to stop farting in front of the grandparents...

My son Kaelan - he is so smart and so silly, and can always make me laugh (or at least roll my eyes and groan.)

My stepdaughter Madisyn, whose horrible singing is music to my ears, who loves for me to read her stories when she sleeps over.

My daughter Serejane - she crawls into bed with us still in the middle of the night and snuggles in against my belly where each of the children I gave birth to has held a real estate claim.

My moms and my sisters, 'nuff said.

My friends and clients, who are often one and the same, who give me a sense of greater purpose and connection to the world outside my own 4 walls, whether that's online, in real life, or long-distance.

My jobs - the one by day with the amazing co-workers, and the one by evenings and weekends that although I sometimes complain I'm over busy, fulfills my need to be a) creative and b) productive with my camera.

Our home and vehicle - broken down, made-over, and well-loved as they are, they are ours, and suit our needs, and I am grateful to afford them; and of course my camera and my computer - material objects, I know, but ones which permit me to record and share my family with friends and family far away, provide an appreciated service to my clients, and pay for those little extras that some of us have gone without, like family vacations and 2 presents under the tree.

Comments

alphonsedamoose said…
Those are all very good things to be thankful for.
Lela said…
Hope!!! Glad to see you out and about on the blog circuit! I'm still waiting for you to come back to Washington!
ticblog said…
Lela! Miss Daisy Duck! Miss ToeTappinDivaPants!!!! How are my kids!?!??!
Babzy said…
Beautiful post, Hope.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.