back from slack

Well, I extended the slacking by a day and spent the 27th sleeping in, putzing around with my family, watching a movie with my husband, and devouring the new novel I got from my mother in law.  Once the children left for their other parents' places, today was primarily spent de-Christmassing the house - throwing out all the goodies I shouldn't eat, packing up all the decorations and stashing the ladder down in the nook between the chimney and Kaelan's bedroom where we found it when we moved in this house, and trying to find homes for all the new knickknacks, toys, and paraphernalia we got for Christmas.  I also caught up some laundry (all excited to try out the new oh-so-sweet 400 thread count bed sheets we got YAY!) as tomorrow I have an emergency' session for a client whose photographer mysteriously disappeared after doing her son's 6 months session.  (Very weird...)  So, once I get the floors all swept and vacuumed and mopped, I'll be setting up for portraits.  ~sigh~  No rest for the wicked.

The new website is progressing along nicely, though slower than I had hoped.  I'd forgotten how long it took putting together the old website, and have really left myself not quite as much time as I'd like to work on it.  I have a feeling tonight will be a very late night.  At least the course materials for the workshop on the 13th are ready.   (There are still a few spaces left, so tell your friends!!!)  The other sessions are roughed in, but I still need to write my presentation notes, or I'll forget the important little things.  I'm excited - this is a labour of love, and I'm just so happy to be in a position to share my knowledge and excitement about photography with others.  More often than not, the most fulfilling gifts are the ones you give.

Just 4 sleeps until 2008, and the unveiling of the new website!!!  I could pee!

Comments

Carol Kerfoot said…
HEE HEEEEEEEEEEEE HEEEEEE

I am so smart......

I knew it was a new website!!!
ticblog said…
The new website was never a secret, I don't think? lol. The website is the delivery vehicle for the big news... HAH. So I guess you'll have to keep checking back ANYWAY to find out what the big news really is. Double HAH!

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.