about another blog...

I had initially thought I should separate the blog into 'photography' and 'personal' but upon further consideration, realized that there really was no way of separating the two. My photography is such a huge part of my life and of who I am, and my clients are such a huge part of that, that putting a division somewhere down the middle felt almost like I was about to cut myself in half. I write stories. I have a weird sense of humour. I talk about my kids and my husband. I work a day job. I have friends and go on vacations and deal with deaths in the family. So I am not *just* a photographer, any more than I consider my clients are *just* clients. These are beautiful people who trust me to share and record intimate and important moments with them - weddings, pregnancies, newborns, first teeth, graduations; I've celebrated milestones with them, cried over losses with them, watched their children grow. These are people who have welcomed me into their homes to document the unfolding stories of their lives. Therefore, I see no reason to hide my unfolding life from them.

I'm just not sure what to do with the other blog "whatever blows my hair back" now. I mean, it's a fun blog idea and a great blog name, but really, I'm busy enough as it is without creating more work for myself. I think for now I'll just let it fester a bit, and see if there's something clever that comes to mind to use it for.

Comments

Babzy said…
I have seven blogs but right now just using my regular one. They're used as needed depending on what's happening at any given time.
ticblog said…
oh, good. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a blog identity crisis... lol

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.