announcements, announcements!

Dirty Little Secrets

just the basics about photography

Anyone who knows me, knows I have a very firm belief that the equipment is only as good as its operator, and I’m going to put that philosophy to the test. After many months of being hounded by several people who shall remain nameless, I have decided to put together a series of informal and affordable workshops for everyday photographers. As the name of the series suggests, I will be covering the basics plus blowing the cover on several of the dirty little secrets we photographers know. With the right foundation, including some very basic skills that any person using any camera can employ, you’ll be shooting better and more confidently than ever! I will also be offering a couple of advanced workshops for people with analogue or digital SLR cameras who want to learn how to use their camera to its full potential. Lastly, if there is enough interest, I may schedule additional workshops for more specific things like action, macro, wedding, or boudoir photography.

The workshops run approximately once a month, costing between $20 and $40. I require a minimum of 5 participants in order to run each workshop, and to accommodate individual questions will limit the workshops to a maximum of 10. Participants will also have access to live help via this blog, as well as opportunities to participate in no-cost field trips and, for the really brave, curious, or serious, tag along on actual shoots for some practical field experience. For those looking to break into the field and actually get paid to take pictures, I will assist you with some tips for building a portfolio, attracting clients, and setting your prices.

Details of individual workshops in the series are provided over at Dirty Little Secrets. If you would like to volunteer yourself or your family as models (read: get free portraits), or would like to sign up right now, please provide me with your email address in a comment (I won't publish it.) In order to secure your spot, fees are payable a minimum of 4 weeks in advance of each workshop, fully refundable up to 10 business days before the workshop. Payment can be accepted via cash, cheque or PayPal.

I look forward to seeing you all!

Comments

larson-ritzands said…
i'll volunteer my family one day. i would also like to come to a basic session on how to be using a camera effectively :) having proper settings etc.
Babzy said…
Like I said .....
ticblog said…
Babzy - simple solution - move to Edmonton. The end. Muah hahaha!
Wren's mama said…
You know my family is always available for pictures. Wren loves the camera!! (You know my email already)
Jody said…
If you really want to make them work Rowan is available, hee hee. Seriously though, I could always use free photos.
ticblog said…
It's so nice to see you visiting, Wren and Rowan's Mommies!!!! MUAH hugs and kisses to you both (and to those delicious babies of yours!)
alphonsedamoose said…
I'm going to ask my daughter if she wants to volunteer Owen
Glad you took me up on my suggestion.

I will be joining in on these sessions of course !! Once a month ? I can do it !! Pencil me in baby!
Babzy said…
I once had a boyfriend in the Armed Forces. He took me to a fancy dinner in Edmonton. Next day we went to the mall. He was crazy about me but I didn't like his voice or his moustache.
ticblog said…
I won't make you go to fancy dinners or the mall if you come to visit me. But there was that naked leaf-picture-taking venture we discussed...
Carol Kerfoot said…
and i dont think she has a moustache....

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.