"What's a triptych?"

According to M-W:

Main Entry: trip·tych Pronunciation: 'trip-(")tik Function: noun Etymology: Greek triptychos having three folds, from tri- + ptychE fold 1 : an ancient Roman writing tablet with three waxed leaves hinged together 2 a : a picture (as an altarpiece) or carving in three panels side by side b : something composed or presented in three parts or sections; especially : TRILOGY


A triptych, in photography, is a collage of 3 images put on one page, hung together in a series, or placed in usually a horizontal hinged or fused multi-frame. The pictures are usually related or similar in texture, tone, or subject matter. Above is a triptych. Below is a contact sheet for Carold.

Comments

Babzy said…
You are going to send my sister into orbit with these. She's going to want all of them. They are stunning and are exactly Carol. In fact I wish I was Carol so I could buy one. I would design my condo around one of these sand dollar pics. As I'm typing this I'm getting a rush. That's it I've made up my mind. I'm going to do it too. I'm going beach theme. I live near the beach and it just seems right.
Carol Kerfoot said…
I will be back to this for sure! I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM! But I have another pressing question for you!
Hope Walls said…
And what might that be, dear?
Carol Kerfoot said…
OK my order. ( reading from left to right) #2, #6, and #9 ( or #13) which ever you think look better balanced! In a 11X14 triptych. White background and wordless.

How does that sound?
Hope Walls said…
Sounds lovely. I will begin work on that in the next couple of days.
Carol Kerfoot said…
Put them in the order you think is best.
I am excited. Let me know how to pay you.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.