favourites so far

My husband commented last night that all but the last image here are very atypical for me in that I tend to go for the stark black and white look. I've really been embracing the subtle shades of grey with this week's pictures centred on illustrating light, texture, and movement. These are some of my favourites so far.


the kids' picnic table







There was initially a glass jar on the kids' picnic table, casting this funky warped light (see little sour green apples below) which inspired me to play more with light and glass (above, bottles on picnic table.)




water and a bowl



This was way too much fun. I initially figured I'd let Mads drop apples into the water while I tried to snap a shot of that exact moment it broke the surface tension or as it plunged to the bottom and set up symmetrical sprays of water... however... trying to coordinate a 6 year old to do that when simply filling the bowl up at high speed using a Tupperware container was far more entertaining proved more difficult than one might have hoped. In the end, I had to employ my husband's services to get the plunging apples, only to discover that the ones of the Tupperware fast-fills were infinitely cooler. And of course the beauty of it all were the shots that I couldn't have even dreamt up had my concept gone as smoothly as I'd planned. There's just so much going on in the picture below it almost takes my breath away.


Sarah Dog takes a cooling dip in the river



Very typical of my style, and of course very attractive to my eye. Again, lots going on in this picture - the texture of the water, dirt, fur, the blur of movement as she prepares to shake herself off, the paw poised just above the ground, the light playing in the grass, the streams of water dripping from her emerging body. It has a very frenetic quality to it.

Comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.