Serejane gets a new bike

It was Serejane's birthday yesterday, but we had her party on Sunday. I forgot to order a cake for Serejane. She wanted a chocolate fish cake. I had to wing it.

We did a gardening theme, and several of the kids who were supposed to come ended up cancelling at the 11th hour, and so the grown-ups had to pitch in and make a decorated plant pot, too.

I think they all deserve a gold star. Well done, Grown Ups.

Serejane was utterly convinced that Santa Claus brings her birthday presents, and heaven forbid you try and tell her different... She helped Ollie put her new red tricycle together before tearing out in the yard to take it for a spin.

At the dinner table, as she's slumped over in her chair with her eyes glazed and half-closed, she mumbles, "Mama, I'm so tired. I want to sleep outside. On my bike. And ring my bell."

She did manage to make it to bed though, but the second we got home yesterday she was back on the bike, ringing her bell for all it was worth.

Happy birthday, Serejane!


Comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.