Lean male subjects

When I first started taking pictures, I needed to build up my portfolio. I would pay my models $35 to $50 for about an hour of their time.

I like a lean male subject. Not skeletal, but well toned and very lean. Here is my leanest subject ever. This young man was 6'1" and about 145 lbs. He grew up in a small farming community, helping the neighbouring farmers bring up the crops, tinkering with vehicles, and partying with the other small-town twenty-somethings. When he leaned forward and laughed, you could see the tendons contracting under the skin and count the ribs where they attached to his spine. Like a body builder, he had a 6-pack and veins that stood out, but he was lithe instead of lumbering, chiselled in sinewy detail the way only a really lean person can be.


There was one other lean man I always wanted to photograph, a young man who was bussing in a nightclub. He was 6'7" and about the same size around as this fellow. I had all but forgotten about him, until last year at a birthday gathering for my friend Tammy's husband. There was a man sitting there, one of Joe's co-workers, who looked familiar, but I couldn't quite place him at first. When I figured out where I knew him from I asked him if he remembered me. Apparently, he thought I was just trying to pick him up.

Comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.