found a peanut, found a peanut...

I bought an easter lily, and every day since I brought it home now, when I walk in the door, the whole house smells like it. After being in the house for a few minutes, the scent isn't as noticeable. If you think about it though, it smells nice again... Tonight, it smelled so sweet, I pondered aloud whether it tasted sweet, too. So my brother in law tasted it. Apparently it wasn't.


I decided I would go dig through the mulch and give the spring things some room to grow. The daisies and creeping myrtle are coming in beautifully, the tulips are going gangbusters - gonna be a bumper crop! - and after a bit of feeling disappointed about not seeing any daffodils, I found 6 baby daffodil greens poking up just the teeniest bit. I forgot about the miniature rose bushes I put in last summer and stabbed myself a few (read: several) times before it clicked in what I was stabbing myself with. Oy.


I found a ladybug creeping about, and 2 peanuts. I can't even remember when the last time I ate a shelled peanut was, and have NO idea how or why they would be in my flower bed. But alas, there they were, one in a stand of tulips sprouts, and the other in my daisies.

I heard some meowing over by the garage, and was pleased to see that Mr. Pickles, the caramel kitty that lives across the street, had come for a visit. He's friendly, and a really good mouser - we leave the garage door open for him.

I've decided to bring sweet dolly inside and give her a bath. She'll need to look pretty for her christening. Perhaps I'll even find a bonnet somewhere so she looks not quite so much like the spidery walking Meccano-set doll from Toy Story.

The rose bushes are all wick, and the strawberries in the veggie garden are already starting up, but no sign of the hostas yet. Tomorrow I'll have to go see what the irises and lowbush cranberries are up to in the front flower beds! Yay for spring!!!

Comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.