Dinner at Nanook's

My Mom figured she was too young to be a Grandma when I got pregnant with my eldest, and decided that her facsimile of 'Grandma' would be 'Nanook,' a pet name my sister and I gave her after a really bad perm back in the mid-80s.


I had been helping my Mom get her computer set up since she went wireless. She bribed me with supper and baked goodies. I told her I still thought it wasn't a problem on her end and that she should talk to the ISP ONCE more to see if they could resolve her connectivity issues, and so she did, and they did, and I forgot about the invite to dinner.


This afternoon as I was lounging about after successfully photographing (and subsequently eating) my cookies, my Mom called and asked if I was still coming over. When my husband got finished helping my brother-in-law Oliver paint the lugs on his bike, we headed on over and ate dinner by the light of the late spring sunshine.


How ironic, since I blogged about my Mom and baking earlier today. I love my Mamasan. Thanks for the homemade beef barley soup, fresh bread, and apple sticky buns!

Comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.