Connor's World

Connor has a very special place in my heart. After a lengthy series of trips to emergency, Connor was diagnosed with CF, and ended up spending an extended stint in the Stollery Children's Hospital at the University of Alberta. Now, most people that know me, know I don't do hospitals well. At. All. In fact, I'd sooner bite a hole in my own flesh and rub Tiger Balm and vinegar in the open wound than spend any kind of time in or near a hospital.




Well, an opportunity presented itself for me to do some personal stretching when a friend and fellow shutterbugger was unable to make it into the city to do some newborn pictures of Connor while he was stuck at the Stollery. I spent the days leading up to the session in a comlete panic, had cold sweats going up in the elevator, and got heart palpitations wandering the halls looking for his room.

This little trooper, and his trooper Mama, amazed me. Completely accustomed to his grisly sterile metallic surroundings, he was happy to be held, didn't fuss when Mom took out and put back in his feeding tube, and had nothing but smiles for the sweet nurse who came in to check him over. It was emotionally exhausting and a little terrifying and most importantly, a lot healing, and for the ability to experience those growing pains, I am eternally grateful to Connor and his Mommy. (And secretly really glad Tammy lives way out in Spruce Grove lol)

Now, I can't say I'm completely cured of my paralyzing fear of hospitals, but this amazing baby (the only flirt bigger than little Frankie) certainly gave me a new perspective. Thank you for letting me come and visit.

Comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.