ramblingLOVE: all's Fair...

I promised to catch up the blog, which was last updated properly on June 17th, the day before summer officially began with my favourite summer solstice music festival, so now's the time to get your reading glasses...

For the past 8 years I've been involved with the North Country Fair, but I've not had much luck with the timing and have only been fortunate enough to go a few times.  This year marked two years in a row that I was able to go (yay me!) and it was of course as much fun as ever.  If you've never been, you should go - it's a great big hippy love fest with awesome music, dancing, great people, and beautiful scenery.  There were some pretty amazing performances this year, but the top three for me were Hank & Lily, whose David Hasselhoof rap was deliciously hilarious,  Maria in the Shower, whose performances were energetic and both musically and visually entertaining both day and night, and Gobble Gobble, who came on stage to rock it out wearing nothing but sneakers and tutus - they do a wicked remake of my favourite Pixies song "Where is My Mind" that you might have to force yourself to not shoulder dance to.

NCF is a versatile Fair, with something for people of all ages.  Last year we took the sproglets with us, which was a recipe for family fun:



This year, we went with grown-ups, and had a completely different kind of fun:



The only downside for me is that there are a crapload of mosquitoes - I think the bloodsucker-to-human ratio is about 239857746593 to each person.  It took about 6 weeks for my bites to heal (I'm EXTREMELY allergic) but it was worth every single one of them.

Comments

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.