oneLOVE: Alicia & Rodney, my cherries :)

K - pause with me a second while I get a little sappy.  About this time last year I was on a trip to Jamaica with this crazy-amazing couple.  One of the guests asked me, while we were climbing the falls, to take a special picture for his wife, who was unfortunately unable to come because she was at home with their newborn second son.

Now, this wasn't the first time Rodney mentioned Alicia.  In fact, it was kind of like a musical, waiting for him to break into something resembling song waxing poetic about the incredible, amazing, beautiful mother of his children.  Both Rodney & I were traveling without our spouses, so I had a special soft spot in my heart for him...

Sadly, I didn't have the honour of knowing this "supposed" amazing woman until he asked me to take their wedding photos many months later after Rodney proposed (and shocked the daylights out of most of us!) while on a family trip.  And within minutes of meeting her it was easy to see why he was so smitten.  Not only is she intelligent, creative, and funny, she is drop-dead gorgeous.

In his wedding speech tonight, Rodney said, "Now I know what it feels like to be the luckiest man on earth."  And he is.  Rodney, Alicia - you are blessed, not only with one another, but an amazing circle of friends and family, and two totally edible little boys.  THANK YOU for letting me come & party on your boat.  After what I didn't think could possibly be a more amazing week, you certainly put the cherries on top. :)

Blah blah blah you say - yes I got the sappy stuff out of the way.  Did you want to see pictures?  You people are all SOOOO predictable...  fine: here you go.  Just a very small taste of the incredible day.  Congratulations Rodney & Alicia.   Despite trying desperately to figure out a way to get engagement photos done, the sun just would not cooperate.  Luckily for us, we made up for it today :)  I predict many bright, cheerful, sunny days ahead...

Comments

Tonikka said…
ha ha ha the gentleman in i think picture 26... on the very far right, looks like he is being launched in the air... lol thats the funniest craziest jump lol

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.