Can of Worms: let's talk about money

I have some pretty strong feelings about money. They go something like this:

I don't care about your car, your clothes, or your house; how much or how little you make or spend doesn't impress me.
Some of us have forgotten while others have never known what it is like to be looked down upon, ridiculed, or pitied.
I think people often confuse the ability to empathize with those less fortunate than themselves with their urge to be sympathetic, which is little more than thinly veiled superiority.
I think that people who place a disproportionate value on the superficial are incapable of differentiating poor from frugal because they cannot see inability or unwillingness like a Mercedes or a six-figure paycheque.
I think that perpetuating a mentality in our children that calculates personal and professional worth on finances is poisonous to the human spirit because it cripples our ability to ever have or be or see in anyone else the elusive: enough.
If you judge me by my house or car or clothes or bank balance don't worry about your invitation - it didn't get lost in the mail, I simply didn't send one.

For any photographers out there who openly belittle those who cannot or will not afford you I have some advice: get off your high horse and if you're not going to shut up and shoot, at least shut up so the rest of us can shoot.

Comments

This is why I love you so much !!

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.