pictureLOVE: photographilanthropy

I've had many conversations with people about my pricing - usually ending in arguments. Help-Portrait is very much in line with my pricing strategy. Being a single parent at one time who could barely afford to get a roll of film developed much less fork over money to have professional portraits done, I have a very deep and personal belief that beautiful pictures need to be accessible to everyone, regardless of race, income, gender, or age. You don't need to be rich or successful or beautiful to pictureLOVE. You just need to LOVE. Some may say that I undervalue my services, but I don't think my clients would agree. I value what I do as much as oxygen, and it's priceless.

I am asking for nominations for 3 families in need. I cannot shoot on December 12th at the Edmonton-wide project, but I can contact the recipients on December 12th and schedule a date that works for them. Please email your nomination to h dot walls at shaw dot ca

I don't need their personal histories - just their email or phone number. Perhaps it's a student, perhaps it's a colleague, perhaps it's a friend, perhaps it's someone who is terminal... pick someone who a) would love professional pictures and b) isn't able at this time to partake of this invaluable service. I will select 3 entries by random draw on December 12th, 2009. If you are a colleague, I urge you to participate as well.



More info.

Comments

Tonikka said…
Thats awesome... this is exactly what I did, I found a family in need....... (well we do every year we sponsor a family, just this year i included photos) and with all my revamping of my photography business and such this is exactly what I focused on....
you go girl!!!
Cyberkitty said…
OMG - THIS is the EXACT reason I refuse to discuss my rates with fellow photographers. I finally found someone who thinks as I do!

Like you, I do not believe that beautiful photos are a luxury just for the wealthy.

I also looked into participating on the 12th (scheduling conflicts - but I did order a shirt to support it as I plan on doing it in the future - maybe go on my own like you are.)

... also, another thing I am going to do in the next few days is 'cans for comments' - a few photogs are donating canned goods to the Food Bank for every comment posted on their blog - it is minor, but it is all good.

Take care
K
Tanya said…
Yet another reason you are an amazing person Hope. :)
Hope Walls said…
I prefer to think of myself as a person with a social conscience. There are lots of out there. The whole point of giving of yourself shouldn't be about making yourself look better, it should be about feeling like somehow, some way, something that you have done has eased the misfortune, filled a need, or opened a door of opportunity to someone who isn't in the same circumstances as you. Note I did not say in worse - 'bad' is relative, different just is.
kate said…
Hope, this is wonderful :)
This is going to make someones year! You have the heart of an Angel.
Tasha said…
i have a few families who i do regular gift sessions for, for various reasons, and it's so awesome for all involved :)
So did you end up drawing a name ? Who was the lucky winner ?
Hope Walls said…
The winners were contacted privately !
Oh :) Will you be posting their photos ?
Hope Walls said…
If/when I do, no one will ever know...

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.