newLOVE: a precious little boy

There are no pictures to accompany this newLOVE.

On November 11th, 2009, an angel was born. Although I am a participating member of NILMDTS, this one was off the books because I wasn't there as a guest or a photographer, but as a friend of the family. While it's never easy to see someone lose a child, it's infinitely different when it's a person you know, love, and respect, who has shared coffee, laughter and tears with you, and who already holds a special place in your heart, whether it's a friend, colleague, or blood relative.

I'm grateful for the busy-ness of the past few days because it was a distraction from the heartache of my beloved friend having to leave the hospital with empty arms. But, as is the case with these things, procrastination only gets you so far. I just keep thinking, it isn't fair. I acknowledge that these things just happen, while some believe it is part of a master plan, while others have equally valid philosophies, it does not change the fact that my heart is broken because it just isn't fair. Tonight, after the fanfare of a busy week, I am able to grieve, not just for my friend, but for all my mother-sisters out there who have endured the pain of losing a child.

To my humble and cherished friend, I have no words of wisdom or condolence, nor do I offer a prayer for your beloved son who is in good hands already, but a wish for peace and strength for you and yours. Out of respect for the privacy of the family during this difficult time, if you wish to leave a comment or a kind word I ask that you please refrain from using their names.

If you are a photographer, please consider becoming a member of NILMDTS.

Comments

Lynda said…
How very sad. I shall say a special prayer for your friend tonight.
xoxoxo
Byers Fam said…
You found the words I have been trying to come up with for days. I just could never imagine. I send her and her family all my strength even tho I know it will never be enough.

This is my greatest fear, and honestly succumb to it daily, even as I watch my very own healthy kids fight with each other. It is just not fair....
Tanya said…
My heart is so sad for this family. Nothing will every justify or change the fact that something unexplainable and tragic happened and they lost the chance to see their little boy grow up.
Deanna said…
Every time I hear of this family and what has happened my heart hurts. I hope you find peace and comfort amoung family and friends.
Lindsay said…
No words....only tears.......(((hugs)))) to this family. I ponder becoming a part of it monthly but don't know how I could do it emotionally:(

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.