meLOVE: what says , "I love you?"

I've been having some very interesting email conversations with a dear friend, and one of the topics we've touched on is receiving acknowledgement. Gary Chapman is credited with identifying them as: quality time, acts of service, words, gifts, and physical. There are often vast gaps between what we give and what we want to receive that can leave two people who love each other very much confused and unsure if they share the same feelings. So, a little audience participation here. How do you like to receive acknowledgement from your friends and from your spouse and children? How do you show your appreciation for others? Do you notice any correlation and recognize how there could be discrepancies in the love languages you exchange?

Comments

Weird, I was just talking to a friend about this very subject! First off, I love Gary Chapman's book and I think it should be required reading for every couple. It does pertain not only to couples, but also to other relationships. I forget to remember that just because my love language is Acts of Service/Affirmation that doesn't mean my loved ones have the same love language. When you understand how your loved ones show love, it's easy to show love back in their love language.

I have a friend who's love language is Gifts and it took me a looong time to figure out that even the smallest gift would make her day...that even buying her a coffee would show her love.

Interesting stuff!
Lindsay said…
I too Love the book thanks to Christine !! I totally agree it should be a must read for every couple. It changed my relationship for the better!!
I think just simply telling someone you care or love them is enough.

Being supportive.

Being kind...random acts of kindness.

Compliment often.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.