togetherLOVE: me and mine

Summer 2009 will go down in history as one of the hardest summers I've ever endured. My clients and friends have been wonderful and understanding and I want to thank everyone for their infinite patience and empathy, and I do sincerely apologize for falling off the grid.

My sister and I took the kids to visit my Daddy's grave the weekend after the anniversary of his death three years ago, which was really really good. I missed my Daddy more this summer and appreciated the relationship I had with him like I never thought was possible, and I appreciate my husband more and more for the amazing relationship he has with his daughter and my sons.

I won't go into details about what prompted the summer blues (frankly, it's nobody's business) but suffice it to say, we desperately needed some punctuation. Namely, we needed a Big Fat Period to end the summer, and that is precisely what we got with our family train trip on the Alberta Prairie Railway. If you've never been, you should go. Really, you should - it's a must. (I'm still waiting for someone to have a newborn baby girl so I can use the new vintage suitcase I picked up at the chachka shop out there!!!)

The train trip did the trick, and totally ended the summer on a high note. Now that it's officially autumn, I am happy to say farewell to summer 2009 and look forward to spending Thanksgiving with my family at our new (to us) casa en el lago, and am already picking up stocking stuffers. Bring on the crunchy leaves, crisp blue skies, and sewing Halloween costumes, curtains, pants, and pillow covers! (I'm even thinking I might try my hand at sewing a quilt or two for out at the cabin... if Gramma Jane will help me...)


Comments

fmartell2 said…
There are so many pictures in that series that I just LOVE!! Oh how I wish I lived closer so I could stuff like that with you.
Hope Walls said…
Serejane was being a bit of a narcissist, hey? Unfortunately Mads wasn't with us so she missed out. We're planning to go again next year for sure! We should schedule ourselves accordingly, you and I...
Lynda said…
Great pics, as usual!! Missing you!
Is this the praire train that goes from Stettler area? It looks like a lot of fun. Would like to take our parents on it when they next come out from NZ.

Awesome photos Hope, I love your fisheye too! But i can't leave a comment with out commenting on you writing. You have quite a talent for it!!!

Thanks for sharing!! : )
Hope Walls said…
Aw, shucks - thanks Rebecca. I like writing as much as I like taking pictures. ANd YES< that's the train out of Stettler - it was SOOOO awesome! Worth every penny!
Thanks for the peek into your summer trip. The love within your family is amazing. Hugs to you!

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.