a visit to the pumpkin patch 2008

Disclaimer: There's not a single pumpkin in all these photos...  and there aren't very many because I was having too much fun to be the photographer ~smirk~

For what it's worth, Prairie Garden's pumpkin patch is all that and THEN some, and will definitely be added as an annual outing for this family.  There was a pumpkin canon (like a big potato gun for gourds) blasting vegetables at a palette pirate ship, a hay bale maze, a kids' corn maze, and a grown-ups and big kids' corn maze, 2 playgrounds, games, pumpkin decorating bale jumping, stuff your own scarecrow, facepainting, food kiosks (a little pricey but quite yummy), a petting zoo, a haunted house where the staff freak the daylights out of your 12 year olds but leave your 4 year olds with dry pants, free tractor rides and, of course, a place to buy pumpkins!  We were treated to some really great live music, the staff are all dressed in full Halloween regalia, and all in all we really wished we had more time to enjoy this fantastic spot!  There's still time to catch their month-long Haunted Pumpkin Festival - next weekend (October 25th and 26th) is your last chance, so if you have some time go check it out - you won't be disappointed!!!



Comments

kate said…
That sounds like so much fun! We went to the pumpkin patch on Saturday and had a really good time. It took a long time to choose 11 pumpkins that were "just right" for each member of the family, but we managed. After a hayride, some hot apple cider and fresh donuts, and a run through the corn maze, we were good to go. I even gave in to the begging (mostly from Hal) for homemade caramel apples, as long as everyone promised to brush and floss really well afterwards. That was a big step for dentist mom.

Hope you're feeling better. would love to catch up when you can.

xo
8rmine said…
Our pumpkin patch wasn't anything like ya'lls! (Had to unleash a bit of the Texan in me.) I'm searching for a different one next year. Great pics! Love the "cheeky" shot.

Suz~
ticblog said…
Kate - candied apples? How could you?!?!

8rmine - I was totally surprised we had something like that here! It was a fantastic surprise!

Buttography is my new obsession. Let the public be warned: if your pants are hanging below the equator, I'm snappin' a pic... Men? If I wanted to see your butt I'd ask. Ladies? Gap waist - put an end to it: buy pants that fit!
fmartell2 said…
The pic of Serejane, alone in the cornfield, is amazing!! Just LOVE IT!!
Maybe next fall, I can wrangle up the Martell clan, and we call do it all together!
ticblog said…
How much would I love THAT!!! DO IT!!!! There's something about Autumn that always makes me pine for the Martell clan. Let's make a date now so we both leave our calendars open... lol
fmartell2 said…
We could make it a Bill and Billie Birthday Party!!
kate said…
I know...caramel apples go against everything I stand for... Especially when certain children eat only the caramel and nuts. In fact, I'll bet those apples were the cause of all the sickness in my home. See if I ever go against my better judgement again.
ticblog said…
Let's not be silly here. Cake is a socially acceptable way to serve frosting, ergo, candied apples are a socially acceptable way to serve melted caramel with nuts. I mean really, can you imagine serving up a plate of icing with ice cream at the kids' next party, or having kids dish up at a carnival from fountains of molten caramel? People would pooh-pooh it.
ticblog said…
(Hey Suz - Kate's got you beat - she has nine!)
kate said…
Nine is Fine. (Eleven is Heaven) lol
Tanya said…
LOL you and those butt shots. Beautiful photo's as always. I love how the girls bright jackets stand out.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.