flashbacks

Friday night was exciting (I'll tell you about it last) but Saturday morning after eating a whole schwack of nostalgic treats we'd bought in Banff, we ended up at the gymnastics club, where Serejane was signed up for gymnastics.  As I stood there signing her up, I fondly remembered my own excitement when the Orange Fairy signed me up for gymnastics.  (no pictures, sorry - I didn't feel like working. lol)  Saturday afternoon after gymnastics and groceries, we headed over to pick up Nanook (the Orange Fairy's current moniker) so Wil could make up a pan of Shepherd's Pie for us all before heading for a sleepover.  Nanook brought over carrots, corn, potatoes, and tomatoes from her garden, which also brought back some seriously nostalgic memories.  Sunday morning we got up and putzed around the house until it was time to collect Wil (who had been helping Nanook paint her steps and some furniture) and head over to Fort Edmonton.  Well, the Fort was a gong show, so we bypassed it and headed for the Space & Science Centre, which was also a gong show, and ended up at a random park for a picnic.  After finding no movies we could enjoy as a family, we opted for giving the kids each $5 and setting them loose in the secondhand store, where Bill found me thee sassiest pair of rollerskates...  (I rollerskated a LOT when I was much much younger.  I missed my 2 pairs of rollerskates that i stupidly got rid of.)  I'm also thinkin' we have some great props for our upcoming 80s retro fashion shoot in November... But all in all, it was kind of fun being stuck in a time warp half the weekend.

So, coming OUT of a time warp: Friday's big excitement was, the renos on the upstairs bathroom are (almost) complete!  After just 5 short years (yes, it took us 5 years to decide to hire a contractor to just do it lol) we actually have a functioning (and beautiful) sink, toilet, and shower on the main floor.  It's not finished - there are some bits to sort out like the tile opening for the heating vent being about 1/4" too small to fit the grill, 2 tiles that aren't flush and need to be reset, the light fixture not being centred over the sink, and towel hooks, racks, and art still needing to be hung - but the fact I can pee in the middle of the night without having to haul it downstairs, well - that's jst heavenly.  So, if you happen to call and it's echoey on the phone, I'm probably not peeing while on the phone, but I am probably chatting with you my fancy new bathroom...

Happy last weekend of September, everyone!  Next up, halloween!!!  (I'm totally figuring out a way to incorporate those rollerskates into my costume this year...)


Comments

Holy doodle girl !!!

It looks great and about time I should say :)

I remember when we first starting chatting, you were in there tearing the tile down or something and vacuuming up fruit flies.

Memories....

P.S. I miss you .
Tanya said…
The bathroom looks great, I really love the color! Those roller skates are great and in such good condition, amazing the treasures you can find sometimes.
kate said…
That candy looks like fun! My kids would go nuts.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.