for granted

I know I lead a privileged life.  I'm not rich, nor am I poor.  I'm not exceptionally brilliant or especially stupid.  I'm not too tall or too short or too fat or too thin.  I have healthy children, a loving family, a wonderful husband, amazing friends, a good job.  I try not to take these things for granted, and facing death I imagine I'd have to take into account whether or not I have taken these things for granted.

It's a million degrees in the shade here, and my palms are as sweaty as the rest of my body.  That hasn't stopped me from pressing my sweaty palms together for  woman who can't afford to take anything for granted, least of all the donor whose hear & lungs she received today.

My heart aches for the family of the donor, and sings for the possibility of having my sweet Kate to keep me company on those late nights processing pictures, or, come September, while I'm doing my homework.  It'll be a few days before we have news.  I'm trembling.  And praying.  I haven't any more words.  Only HOPE.

Comments

Becks said…
I'm silently praying for both families.
Sending lots of love and strength.
xoxoxo
Wren and Canaan's Mama said…
Wow. Thinking of Kate and sending her strength....
Kj said…
beautifully written. still thinking and praying and hoping.

thank you for the update.
Laura Jane said…
I have no words but am here silently in support for Kate, and for you too. I'm hoping the miracle does happen.
Carol Kerfoot said…
I am covered in shivers. IT sure gives me a better understanding of the value of time. May Kate find all the strength to help her heal through this difficult time.
Tanya said…
Keeping Kate in my thoughts.
Ang said…
I know Kate will appreciate all of your support. I'll be sure to tell her all about it when I see her tomorrow.
ticblog said…
if you happen to remember, bring Kate a roll of Lifesavers from me. Love you too, Ang - thank you.
Ang said…
I'll bring one. How many rolls will this make for you?
ticblog said…
Not the 99th yet. We're good for a bit.
I'm happy to see that Kate has been given a new opportunity to enjoy life and her donor's family is in my thoughts. Words cannot express the joy and sorrow their loss has provided.

Hope and prayer go out to Kate's family and the family of her donor.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.