time to press some palms

This afternoon I got the news that my beloved friend Kate has been having a lot of difficulty with her heart, getting shocked up to 3 times a day. Apparently they have found a heart for her, and as I type this she is hopefully pulling through the tail end of her transplant. I ask you all to say a special prayer that Kate pulls through, and an extra special prayer for the family whose loved one makes it possible for Kate to be receiving this precious gift of life. If you haven't signed your organ donor card, now would be a good time to do so.

Most people know I follow taoist teachings. I have great faith in a higher power no matter what name you choose to give it, and just as I prayed to my Gramma's saviour, I pray to the same powerful God Kate is so intimately acquainted with out of respect for her, not to be blasphemous.

Dear God, I love my Kate, and I don't think she needs to meet my Dad and Gramma ~quite~ yet. Give strength to the family whose loss makes it possible for Kate to receive this incredible gift. Please give strength to Hal and the children, and to the many friends and family who love Kate, to support Kate and one another through this difficult time. Please give Kate strength and courage and health that she may continue being a blessing in all our lives. Amen.

My Daddy had great faith, too, and used to sing this song a lot, especially since my Gramma loved it, too. Since my Daddy wasn't there to sing for my Gramma, my stepmom Lorie sang it beautifully with her twin sister. I don't have a recording of my Daddy singing it, but I did find this one. I always wanted to be Crystal Gayle. She had great hair.


Comments

fmartell2 said…
Sending all the love, prayers, and faith, to Kate and her family.
And just to let you know this post and song have me bawling!!
Anonymous said…
Any word on how she is doing? Sending prayers her way.
ticblog said…
I just got an email that the heart was too big, and so now we continue to wait.
kate said…
Thank you all for your prayers for my surgery and now, as we continue to wait.
alphonsedamoose said…
I'll say a prayer for Kate. The song is one of the best songs of belief ever.
Kj said…
Any news on your good friend yet? I have been thinking about her.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Unless otherwise noted, writing and watermarked images on this blog are copyrighted to Hope Walls.